Chapter 25: Take a Swim

When you wake up in the morning you roll over to find Niall missing. There is a note scribbled on a hotel pad lying on the pillow.

Mornin! You practically kicked me out of bed. Come to my room.

Whoops. This must have been recent, because his spot is still a tad bit warm. The cold air hasn't fully tainted it yet. You roll out of bed and go to Niall's room, leaving your phone on the nightstand. You spot Niall's snapback and smile. You place it on your head and walk to his room. You walk in, and he's lying face down across the bed.

"Oh hey! Looks like someone decided to wear a shirt this morning." You say. He lifts his head.

"I can take it off." He smiles at you tiredly.

"Don't bother. Aren't we suppose to be leaving today?"

"Suppose to. Just got a text from Liam saying we've got another day. We're going water rafting." Niall sits up. He seems awfully excited about this.

"Have fun." 

"No no! You're invited. We're ALL going! They said to meet in the lobby at 2... It's... 1:30." Niall scowls at his watch.

"Whoops. Go get ready, ya dope!" He says scooting you out of his room. You quickly pull off the cap from your head and toss it on his bed.

"Niall! Niall!"

"Yes, yes, love you too!" He pecks your lips and shuts the door in your face. You stand completely confused outside his door. That was a pointless visit. You then spin around, finding Louis standing in the hall with you. Why do you ALWAYS run into Louis.

His mouth is dropped, forming a perfect "O".

"Louis... I can expl-"

"I guess he wasn't kidding." He says, still completely shocked.

"Wait, what?"

"Harry. He wasn't kidding."

"What do you mean he wasn't kidding? About what Lou?" Louis closes his mouth and looks down at the ground.

"Louis." He looks up.

"I knew you two weren't together, but I didn't know you moved that fast." He says.

"Louis, what did Harry tell you?"

"He told me that... You couldn't decide between him and Niall. That you liked them both. When he said that I didn't think you were SEEING the both of them." He says rubbing the back of his neck. This whole situation is making him uncomfortable.

"Louis... I don't know what I'm doing to be honest." You say kicking at the ground. He stands across the hall and an awkward silence falls on the both of you.

"I don't know what TO do." You finally add. You're practically asking for help without directly saying it. He picks up on it and casually walks toward you. He puts his hand on your shoulder.

"Maybe try distancing yourself? Ya know, before someone really gets... hurt. And you have time to think." He says. He's right. If you keep seeing the both of them like the other doesn't exist, nothing will be sorted out for you. You'll just continue down the path you're headed: to no where. Also, one of them will get hurt. Either way someone has to get hurt, but maybe you could prevent anything too bad from happening. You nod your head. Louis then smiles.

"But for now, we're just going to have to forget about all that, because we're racing down the rapids today and you're on MY team!" He says jabbing his thumb into his chest. You laugh and go to your room to get ready.

---------------------------

"Okay, so everyone has their teams picked out I see?" The instructors just finished explaining the safety measures of rafting, considering no one here has tried it before. Liam clasps his hands on your shoulders from behind you and smiles. Niall and Zayn high-five each other and Louis and Harry exchange a competitive glare. Louis mouths the words 'You're going down' as Harry points his fingers from his eyes to Louis.