Chapter 13

Once you found a good spot, Megamind parked the car. You all got out and you stood before a wall of an old building, there wasn't really anyone around so you wouldn't be interrupted. You could feel eyes on you and turned back to look at Megamind. He was keeping his distance, waiting patiently for you to start. You felt butterflies in your stomach but you tried your best to ignore them as Neo handed you two spray cans, one blue, one black.

You looked back to the wall. It was one huge, blank slate, just begging to be painted on.

You gulped and took a deep breath, trying to steady the pounding of your heart as you took  a few steps closer to the wall. You looked over at Neo who was right beside you, and he gave a quiet, but encouraging bark. You smiled and nodded slightly, feeling a bit more at ease.

"Well, here goes..." You thought, shaking up the spray cans.

-Timeskip-

It took a lot of concentration and creative thinking, but you managed to create what you thought would suffice as a good painting. You sighed a little and smiled proudly at the finished product.

There was a large 'M' with blue in the center, outlined with black, accompanied by 'E' 'G' 'A' 'M' 'I' 'N' 'D' painted the same way all the way across the wall. You had the name circled with blue and black mixed together, making the blue a much darker shade. All in all, it looked really nice to you.

But what really mattered, was what the inspiration of the piece thought.

You took a few steps back from the wall so Megamind could get a full view of it and said: "Well, it's finished, this is probably one of my best paintings so far. W-What do you think?"

You weren't expecting to see what you did, but Megamind looked absolutely awestruck.

"It's... magnificent." He breathed out.

"R-Really? You think so??" You smiled widely, almost not believing what you heard.

"I do indeed, it's fantastic!" He stepped closer and motioned to your work, smiling in amazement.

He actually liked your work?? This was too good to be true!

"I must salvage this and bring it to the lair." Megamind stated.

Wait, 'salvage'?

Before you could ask what he meant, Megamind suddenly grabbed you and tossed you back into the car with Neo flying in afterwards. He leaped into the driver's seat and raced down the road, not really giving any consideration to pedestrians or other cars in the path as he zoomed past.

"Wh-Where are we going?" You asked shakily as you clung to the back seat for dear life.

"We're returning to the lair for extra brain bots, if we're going to remove that wall we're going to need alot of strength."

Remove the wall??

-Timeskip-

Well, Megamind wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to 'salvage' the painting, he indeed removed the wall from the building and had the brain-bots bring it all the way back to the lair. He placed it at the right side of the lair, it had its own space with nothing in the way of the painting it held. You felt honored that Megamind actually went to all that trouble just because he liked your painting so much, it was like you were living a dream that you didn't want to wake up from.

-The Next Day-

"(Y/n)!" You heard Megamind call from a distance, he was at the car with an excited and hopeful expression on his face. It seemed he was finished with training Hal a bit early today.

Hey... he remembered your name!

You wasted no time in running over to him, Neo following behind like always.

"Yes, sir?" You looked up at him.

Megamind bend down a bit with his hands on his knees. "I'd like you to teach me." He said.

You tilted your head in confusion. "T-Teach you what, sir?"

"How to do what you do! Every time I look at that painting I can't help but want to know how to make one myself!" He had that childish excitement in his voice, and his emerald eyes were sparkling.

"W-Well... It's not very easy..." You fiddled with your hands.

Megamind simply scoffed and poked at your helmet.

"I know that! But I still want to try! Won't you please teach me?" He clasped his hands together and got on his knees in a begging way, his green eyes staring into yours despite having your helmet on.

Megamind actually wanted to learn how to paint like you?

You were pretty sure nearly every single dream you'd ever had was coming true these days.