Chapter 9; The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

*1 Week Later*

Jade Pov.

Finally, I was on my way home tomorrow, my time here has been good and all, but all I want right now is to just go home and be with everyone, I miss them all dearly!

Megan Pov.

I'm so excited right now! For 2 reasons. 1. Me and Nathan schedualed our engagement party for tomorrow, and 2. Jade's finally coming home! I know she's gonna be sent back out to Iraq the morning after, but at least I get to see her, and she's here to celebrate  mine and Nathan's engagement..

Other then all this, i'm worried as neither Nathan or me have seen Jay for the past 2 weeks, Nathan did call him up, but he said he was too distrought to see anyone,, But I wanna know if he was using it as an excuse and he was actually still upset, or he was covering up for something, or someONE.

*The Next Day*

7am.

"Babe, you awake?" Nathan asked.

"Yeah, i'm up." I replied.

"You going to get up then?"

"What for?" i asked in forgetfullness. Nathan gave me a look as if to say 'you know what' "Oh, yeah!" i exclaimed as i leaped out of bed and quickly got dressed as Nath and I were going to greet Jade at the airport this morning. I really do hope Jay's there today, if he can't say goodbye, he could at least say hello.

Nathan and I, quickly got ready and shot out of the house so we'd get to the airport on time. I'm hoping we were there on time cause I didn't want to miss her, and if Jay didn't show up, Nath and I would tak her home. We go in the car and drove to the airport.

20 minutes later, we finally arrived. The excitement was building up inside me, i couldn't wait to see Jade, it's been too long! Half an hour later, the plane landed at the airport. The soldiers exited the plane and ran to greet their families, so emotional. All but one had got off the plane.. Seconds later, Jade appeared in the doorway of the plane. I did that small scream of excitement to myself, I was so glad to see her! We ran to each other and just sobbed in each others presence... We waited around a while, to see if Jay showed up. But, yet again, another no show. So Nath and I took her home.

"Thanks for the life Nath." said Jade as we pulled up outside Jade and Jay's.

"No problem, we'll see you at the party later." he replied excitedly.

"Yes you will." she replied "See you later Meg"

"See you soon." i replied.

Jade Pov. 

I got out the car and waved Nath and Meg off as Nathan drove away. I turned around facing the house. I sighed. I was still disappointed that Jay never said goodbye before i left for Iraq, and i was disappointed that he never showed up at the airport just now. I had a sudden flashback of mine and Jay's fight the night before I left, and me not seeing him the morning of my departure. But I pulled myself together and entered the house.

"Jay, you in?" I called as I walked in.

i got no response.. What a surprise. I went to investigate the house to see if he was just ignoring me, but he didn't appear to be in. So I walked into the bedroom, grabbed my dress for tonight along with other clothes as I was going to get ready, and stay at Megan's tonight.

An hour later, i called Megan up, telling her I was on my way to her's. I would ask for a lift, but I decided to go on a nice relaxing walk, just so I could clear my head after going back into that house, with all those bad memories Jay and I created before my departure.