Chapter 21; Do My Eyes Deceive Me?

Megan Pov.

The next morning was a repeat of yesterday, as i woke up and Nathan was gone, and like yesterday there was a note on the kitchen table.

'Babe, i've gone out baby shopping with my mum, I would ask you to come, but i know how exhausted you are and you find it hard getting around so I left you to sleep in this morning. Don't worry the notes won't be daily:) See you later my love.

Nath xxxx'

Well, since Nath's out and i'm alone, i think I may go and take a nice, long, relaxing soak in the bath. I'm just going to relax today, i'm not expecting any visitors, no surprises, no worries, stress, panic. Nothing. So i'm just going to take it easy today.

Jay Pov.

"No, Mel we can't go shopping today, i need to get something for Meg and Nath's baby shower." i said

"Jay, do we have to go through this again?!" she yelled at me

"YES, WE DO CAUSE I'M SICK OF YOU ACTING LIKE YOU OWN ME!" I shouted at her.

"Of course i own you, and i always will. Own. You." she said with an evil look in her eyes. " So you will take me shopping today, and just focus on me. RIGHT!?" she shot at me.

"Fine, whatever."

"DON'T USE THAT TONE WITH ME!" she shouted.

"Okay, okay i'm sorry just don't threaten me." i pleaded.

"You taking me shopping, that doesn't deserve threats." she spat at me.

What was I doing with my life?! Megan was right the whole time, she's the only one who saw the eveil in Melissa, yet nobosy listened to her. Even I couldn't see it until now! I feel like such a dick right now...

I drove Melissa and myself to the mall and got dragged into literally every shop she passed...

Nathan Pov.

"So, how's she doing?" my mum asked.

"She's doing great mum, she's been so calm lately, really taken the advice she was given." i replied.

"Aw, that's great! Glad she's making progress." she replied.

"Me too, i don't know what i'd have done if anything happened to any of my girls mum" i replied. She stood there smiling at me. "What?" i asked

"Nothing."

"No mum, come on your thinking something, let it out." i said. She smiled wider now

"You really do love and care about her don't you?" she said,

"Mum, of course, Megan is like my whole world, and i'm just going to treasure every second with my baby girl." i replied. I saw my mum had a tear in her eye. She sniffled as she put her hand on my shoulder.

"Your going to make such a wonderful dad, Nathan. I'm so proud of you." she said,

"Thanks mum." I smiled as we hugged in the middle of a store, but soon went back to shopping.

Jay Pov.

I'm actually sick of this! I can't take having to spend my hard earned wages on this skank, and I'M the one having to hold the bags around for her! And i actually hate the fact she's ALL over me, in public.. We walk away from the shop we just exited when we see someone walking towards us with their head down, and they looked very into their phone. This stranger looks to be in a rush and accidentally bumps into us.

Oh gosh, i'm so sorry." said the stranger as she looked at me

"Oh it's no prob.." I look back at her.