Finally Seniors!

"Hey you, time to wake up." I open my eyes only to see my mom standing over me. 

"Mom what the hell are you doing, I could have woken up swinging or something!" 

 "I'm sorry, I just can't believe that today you are a senior." Of course, my mom starts to cry and I hug her. My mom had always been emotional but I love the hell out of her. 

 "Mom, you do this every year you realize that right?" 

"Yea but this time it's the last time and it makes me sad."

Finally, my mom left and I started to get ready for my last day of high school. I can't believe that I made it and things seem to be going well. Now I just hope the school I applied to decides to accept me and my best friend Katie.

Katie and I have been best friends since we were born. Our mothers were best friends so it just made sense. We both hopefully plan on becoming doctors, although she sometimes faints at the sight of blood so I don't know how that will work for her. Coming down the stairs I could smell that my mom went a little nuts with breakfast. And when I walked into the kitchen I was proved right.

After probably gaining 5 pounds from that breakfast, I decided it was time to get my butt to school. "Well mom that was good but I have to go." 

"Okay love you." 

" I love you too." I head out and climb into my baby, a cute little dark blue Toyota Yaris.

My mom doesn't speak to my grandparents, but I had a decent relationship with them. When my grandfather died, he left a chunk of money that said it was specifically to buy me a car when I turned sixteen. When I saw this car, it was love at first sight and she's been my baby ever since.

When I pulled into the school parking lot, I saw my friend Linda standing by her car texting away on her phone as usual.

 "Saint you finally made it." Linda ran over to me, I swear you could hear that girl from miles away with that mouth, but I loved her. 

"Hey girl we are finally seniors!" She grabbed me in a hug and we started jumping around like dorks.

I pulled away from her, "Yea it has felt like forever, but I can't wait for this year to be over." 

"Oh please, this year can take its sweet ass time, I mean we are finally at the top I want to savor that for a while." 

All of a sudden Linda gets this weird look in her eye as she looks over my shoulder, a look that I know all too well. "Well, I see my man over there so I will see you later."

"Hey, do I want to know where Linda was running off to?" I turn to see Katie walking up to me. Katie was also far too aware of exactly where Linda was going but felt the need to ask anyway. 

As I watched Linda and her boyfriend Tyler making out, I couldn't help but laugh. "No, you definitely don't want to know."

We both turned, looked at each other, and started laughing. After we calmed down, she asked, "So how are things going with you and Josh?" 

Josh was my boyfriend of two years. I thought things were going great with us, but I could be wrong. "Well, honestly I'm not too sure."