2. School

Blue Jeans- Lana Del Ray

Fix You- Colplay

Tee Shirt-Birdy

-:-:-:-:-:-

School is usually a place you go to learn and see friends, maybe even have fun.

My school is hell for me, no one wants to talk to the girl from Massachusetts.

The weirdo who doodles at lunch in her notebook. The weirdo who answers the questions in class. I'm just another new, weird kid. I hate the way they look at me.

These thoughts run through my mind as I brush through my long tangled hair. The blonde locks of hair shine with water as I pull the brush through.

I look to my face and apply concealer because these past few nights I haven't been able to sleep. The dark circles are covered and my skin looks clear. I look up again and decide a few brushes of mascara couldn't hurt.

I decided that I didn't care a long time ago but I decided a few moments ago that I did care a little. My "first day back" outfit consisted of a random gray t-shirt some skinny jeans and my converse with colorful flowers on a black backround.

"Honey, almost ready?" My father asks from behind my door.

"Yeah. I'll be out in two seconds." I mumble while grabbing my back pack. I meet my father in front of the house by his prius. I space out ona the landscape while we drive. The trees, the ocean and the clear day we're having. We drive from the outskirts of the city, or the suburbs.

Its weird, we live in Portland but as we drive into the city it has a large sign that says:

Welcome to Portland, Maine.

I laugh silently at the not-so-welcome I got. I remember the transfer in the middle of the year like yesterday. At my old high school I was normal, not popular or a total outcast. I was just, there.

Aaron, Zoë, Cara and I used to sit in the court yard at lunch and laugh about everything and anything. Aaron and I weren't dating yet, we were all really good friends.

My parents told me on a cool november day that we had to move to Maine. I was devastated but Zoë, Cara and Aaron promised we would stay friends. It happened until now. Cara and Zoë are the only ones that talk now since Aaron cut off our relationship yeterday.

Throughout my thoughts my dad drives through town to the big, old, brick building in the middle of town. The front is filled with tall, skinny boys and average height skinny cheerleaders. I guess they were the "Jocks and Cheerleaders".

I walked past the staring eyes and into the main corridor. There was a group of boys in hoodies and old raddy jeans that had energy drinks in their hands. These were boys known as gamers. One of them smiled kindly at me while the others talked about a game. I caught the words, "Halo" and "Sweet guns".

I found my locker next to the music room. I put in the new combination and was greeted with a locker full of spray paint. Although it wasn't tagged, it was art. A purple flower blossoming with the word power around it. It was at an odd angle but you could tell houw much work and detail went into it. I smiled for the first time today and looked at my scheduale. My day looked terrible.

Schedule:

Pre-Calculous.........9:00-10:15
Mr. Mills

World History.......10:20-11:35
Mrs. Scott

Creative Writing..11:40-12:55
Ms. Parker

Lunch.......................12:00-12:35