4. A Poem.

I Wanna-The All-American Rejects

Ms. Jackson-Panic! At The Disco

Riptide-Vance Joy (Flic Flac Remix is also awesome too.)

I wanna, I wanna, I wanna touch you. You wanna touch me too.

The words of The All-American Rejects plays through my ears as I walk through the hall from History class. As I walk into Creative Writing I have to take out one of my headphones. Ms. Parker asks us to turn in our poems. The class is half way full when I take my usual spot in the back corner. The screen of my phone occupies me until I hear the door close to find a pair of green eyes staring back at me. His face is clear of hair due to the grey beanie with a few of his short curls tucked back. He smiles but I'm already looking down. I look back down to my phone and look that the song has changed to another.

In the backround the bell rings. I put my phone away and pull out a notebook and pencil.

"Class, today we will be writing a new short story!" Ms. Parker says excitedly.

"So, I have two bowls. One full of a character personalites and the other with conflicts. You will pick two characters and one conflict and try to connect them somehow. She goes around the room to everyone. When She finally gets to me I pick out three pieces of paper.

My conflict is: Stolen yogurt at the supermarket.

"What?" I whisper. I look around to see I'm not the only one with a confused look.

My characters are: A 82 year-old women with seven cats who loves to play Monoply with her 17 year-old grandson.

An 18 Year-old girl that works at a movie theater and lives at home with her parents.

So these are so random but I can make a story out of them. She gives us the rest of the class to begin. They are due the next day if we don't finish in class. I push my headphones in and set it on shuffle. One of my favorites come on as I hum to the lyrics and begin writing.

It starts with the 82 year-old women buying groceries because she just got her check. I've named her Clarice and then she bumps into an old friend of hers, Hank. He was a friend of hers at her old job, nearly 20 years ago. They bump into each other and spill the small groceries they have. Along comes her 17 year-old grandson who helps them. Hank sees the yogurt that he wanted that was on sale. He quickly grabs it; instead of being sly like he thought, Clarice shouts about how he's stealing her yogurt.

The bell rang before I could finish my story. I look up to the room of people to see everyonw leaving. I gather up my pencil amd notebook and head to the front of the class to leave. I realize that it's time for lunch so I head to the library with my bag lunch.

"Hello Ms. Patti." I smile as I walk into the large room.

"Kassie, how's life treating ya?" She grins.

"Could be better." I smile and walk to the normal spot. There its nice, quiet. I dive into my Calculus homework. As I work my music plays, the sweet sound of Panic! At The Disco plays in my ears. I sing along silently and finish off my math homework. The rest of lunch is spent picking at a sandwich and listening to music.

***

The next day comes quickly. Last night was dull but I finished my short story. Clarice's grandson breaks them up and gets her another yogurt and after they go to a movie. There Clarice meets the 18 year-old girl, Karen, and starts rambling off about her almost stolen yogurt. Then her grandson starts to apologize for his grandmother but she brushes it off saying she has one just like her. Its really the beginning of an epic love story, I know. During class we discuss about the dificulties of doing this assignment, at the mere end of class she hands us our papers. The bell rings while she still handing out papers, when I get mine I rush out the door quickly. I walk swiftly to the library for lunch.