9.Halloween

Brick By Boring By Boring Brick-Paramore

Say It Ain't So-Weezer

Wait For Me-Rise Against

Moments-OneDirection

-:-:-:-:-:-

"Mom, I look like an idiot." I pull the fabric between my thumb and pointer finger. I'm dressed in a blue dress just above my knee with a white apron and my hair long straight and hanging down. My mom insisted on doing my makeup which consisted of her putting lots of blush and those weird fake eyelashes.

"Well at least you're a pretty idiot." she grins. Her teasing is something I've heard all afternoon. I sigh as I clumsly put on the tights and black shoes.

"The last touch," she says while putting the blue bow headband into my hair.

"Perfect!" She sqeals in her motherly delight. While her excitment is bursting from the seams I find a riny purse with a strap to hold miney i might need. She pulls out her phone and asks me to smile, I comply but the flash blind my eyes. While adjusting my eyes back to normal a knock on the door sounds. It should be Harry and Niall, we're riding together in my car. I walk down with my mother on my heels, Niall and Harry stand in the doorway talking to my dad.

" Oh, Kassie you look lovely." he grins.

"Picture time!" My mom calls from behind me. I sigh heavily as two arms find their way around my neck. Niall on my left and Harry on my right. I smile because Harry's legs are on full veiw.

"You have nicer legs than most girls." I tease lightly as we smile for the pictures. Harry's arm slips down to my waist and tickles me a bit. I lash out unexpectedly, hitting Niall in the stomach. Harry's eyes widen in shock as he backs away, I however move close to Niall and ask him various questions and apologize.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" I ask him multiple times, he's bent over and trying to breathe.

"M'fine, I think." He mumbles and breathes deeply. He recovers as quickly as the whole incident happened and we're back to the picture my mom is taking. We smile like we're supposed and then we're finally able to leave. We gather into my silver car and pass dozens of children in costumes with plastic buckets of candy, along with a group of teenagers giggling and going door to door for candy.

Our highschools "Fall Carnival" was more like a Halloween dance but the school insisted on calling it that due to complaints by parents who said that a dance was much too "intimate". Some parents are just too over protective. When we walk into the gym there are a few booths advertising bobbing for apples, a haunted house and a ring toss. On the other side of the gym is the food stands with fake gummy eyeballs stuck into the cupcakes and gummy worms sticking out of cookies. You could say I was uninpressed. The middle of the medium sized gym was where some students awkwardly swayed to the beat of the latest hit on the radio. Others were girls grinding on boys in the middle of the awkwardness.

A laugh escapes my lips because the girls aren't even on beat. "What?" Harry asks with his usual amused look.

"Just those girls." I smile to myself and make my way towards the concession to find something to drink. Without my knowledge, Harry and Niall follow. I walk to the girl at the concession who is a vampire. I ask for whatever they're selling to drink. She hands me a cold, but wet, soda and asks for a dollar.

"I'm bored." I mumble to Harry as we watch Niall dance with some girl that I recognize from my Calculous class.

"Me too, want to into the haunted house?" He asks. I reluctantly nod and follow him towards the exit of the gym where the haunted house starts into the hall of the school. He gives the guy taking tickets four, two for each of us. He pulls the curtain back and gestures for us to walk in. Various white sheets are hung somehow in the hall, leaving you to either weave through them or walk straight through them. I walk around then with Harry in front of me.