10. Hospital

Brooklyn Baby-Lana Del Ray

Happy Now?-No Doubt

I Am Everything That's Normal-Chiodos

Sarah Smiles-Panic! At The Disco

-:-:-:-:-:-

The slow beating of my heart is the only thing that entertains me through this. Light murmurs are but not anything I can make out. I wiggle my toes then ,y finers and they as hard as I possibly can to wake up. Finally after what seems like days of trying, but only an hour since Harry left, I wake up. My eyes flutter open and my hands reach up to rub my eyes. A little pinch on the back of my hand startles me when I see a needle beneath my skin. I look away quickly and try to swallow the sickness that could emerge at the thought of the needle.

Now that I am fully awake I look around puzzled. You would think since I was in a coma someone might be checking to see if I wake up. Instead of waiting I pull my legs towards the side of the bed and grab onto the metal bar on wheels that holds my IV. Almost as soon as my feet touch the ground feeling my full weight I clutch the metal bar with both hands to steady myself. I look around and giggle nervously. My steps are small but sure, I make it towards the door when it opens in front of me almost knocking me off my feet.

"Kassie?" Harry says as he enters the room as sees my balance faulter. He grabs my hand and pulls me towards so I can balance myself. My arms reach for his shoulders and he hold me straight and laughs a bit.

"You woke up?" He asks in shock.

"Does anyone know? Why are you out of bed? Do you feel okay?" He asks after the inital shock. I mumble a no, I don't know and a yes.

"Come," He says and pulls me towards the small bed, "get in bed."

"Fine." I groan after all my hard work. He helps me into the bed then leaves momentarily to call a nurse.

"Your parents just left to go eat lunch." He says as the nurse comes in.

"Yeah, I heard you left after three days?" I ask, unsure of myself. His looks away and and bites the inside of his cheek.

"What's the matter?" I ask at his sudden change.

"I was worried." Is all he says. I realize he's explaining why he stayed for three days.

"Oh, well thank you for coming." I reach for his hand. I grasp it and when he looks up I give him a warm smile.

"It means a lot that you stayed." Our eyes stay in contact until the door opens again. Its my mom and her eyes widen at first and the tear up.

"My baby, you're awake?" She cries and walks to my other side. She engulfs me in a hug with her face in my hair.

"I was so worried." she cries. I look past her and see Harry slip out and my father come in. He begins to cry while my mother sobs now. I reassure them and hug them until another nurse comes in.

"Mom, dad, its going to be okay. " I hold both of their hands in mine. They look like they are going to loose me.

After about another hour of nurses asking questions and the doctor finally coming to talk to me. They tell me I can leave tomorrow.

"So I hear you can leave tomorrow?" Harry asks, my parents gone to get dinner.

"Yeah, then I can go to school by Friday." I have to endure three days of bed rest when I'd rather be at school.

"Why do you look so upset." He asks.

"I don't want to miss school." I groan.

"Really? That's what you're worried about?" He smirks.