chapter twenty-two - Twisting Tale

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt."

- Augustus Waters

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

The first day in university and I was already late. All because someone, and I'm not saying names, didn't want me to go before I had a proper breakfast which he insisted on making.

I swear, I think he wanted me to be late.

"Stupid brat," I muttered underneath my breath as I tried running towards my first class.

He stopped me by grabbing my arm, "Not that fast, princess. You're going to meet the Dean first before you set foot in any class."

"Fine," I huffed, "But make it quick. I don't want to miss the entire class of economics."

He smiled and grabbed my hand forcefully. We must have seemed like a couple for bystanders but all I wanted to do was chop off my hand or bleach off the skin he touched.

"I'm glad we don't have to fight about every little thing, princess," he said as his smile grew larger.

He pulled me into one of the halls and guided me throughout the maze of hallways and passages.

"Now," he said when he grabbed me by my shoulders, "This is a close friend of mine and I want you to be nice to him. Can you do that, princess?"

I bit my tongue to prevent myself from saying anything I might regret saying, due to his tendency of loving knifes when he's mad.

"I guess."

He grinned, "That's my queen."

When the door opened, I was shocked by the face I saw.

"Sunshine," he exclaimed, "Never thought to see you here!"

"H-hi."

Payden looked from his friend to me and then back. Confusion was clearly written all over his face., "You know her?"

He chuckled, "Fate made us meet yesterday. Am I not right, sunshine?"

"Alex," Payden growled and his arm snaked around my waist, pulling me too close for my liking, "She's mine."

"As I didn't know that. You can't keep your mouth shut for a minute about this fair lady."

"Alexander," he warned.

The dean -Alexander- waved his hand, dismissing his tone and glare, "Come inside for a moment so we can discuss some matters more in detail."

* * * * *

"Never," Payden growled, pulling me out of the chair, "She won't do that, Alexander. And that's the last thing I will say about it!"

"Why don't you let her choose, PayPal? It's her life after all."

"No."

Alexander turned to me, "Do you want to live on-campus or not, sunshine?"

I saw Payden glaring at my rector in such a menacing way it already gave me the chills.

"I-I don't know..." I mumbled.

"I told you so," Payden snapped, "She's perfectly fine with living at my place."

"Are you sure, sunshine?"

I lightly shook my head in order that Payden wouldn't see it.

"I see," Alexander said, "I will bring you to your next-following lesson, now. Payden, I need to ask you to leave the premises of the university since you are neither a student nor a teacher. No hard feelings."

"Sure," he grumbled.

He walked out of the office, but not before pulling me into a dreadful kiss.

"I think we need to discuss that matter on our way to your class," he informed, "He'll probably notice if we stay in here for much longer. I've known him long enough to predict his moves before he can even do."

--------------

A/N

I'm sorry. I know you're probably waiting for another chapter but I wanted to ask you guys (and gals) something.

Would you like to have a Q&A with one of the characters?

Let me know in the comments who you want to ask what! Q&A will be tomorrow (dec. 5th)!