chapter twenty-six - The Fuming Man

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

'If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, we would treat each other more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance and care.'

- Marvin J. Ashton

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

I walked into my second class and the grey-haired professor immediately started talking to me.

"You must be Scarlet. The Dean wants to have a word with you in his office," he said, "Don't be worried. He seems to be fond of you."

I gulped and nodded before slowly turning back around on my heels to walk out of the classroom.

I was hesitating if I should just go and hide in the girl's bathroom, but he was the rector. He had power enough to throw me out of this prestigious university, without people even second-guessing why he did it in the first place.

I slowly made my way to his office. My feet stopped on its own accord, when I heard a voice come from his office.

"-graveyard!" the voice yelled.

It seemed awfully familiar.

"Shut up and get out!" Alexander retorted, "I have a student coming and I don't want her to go and run to the teachers for you being here!"

Quickly I hid behind the corner, making sure the man -whoever it was- wouldn't know I was standing right outside the door, listening to their shout-contest. I was just in time, because when I reached my hiding spot, the door opened, letting the fuming man march out of the office.

"Don't even think of doing anything!" I heard the rector yell at the retreating figure.

I waited a good ten minutes before walking towards the door to knock.

He let me in and once I was fully seated on the chair, he locked the door.

"It's wrong to eavesdrop, Scarlet," he casually said -as if he was talking about the weather- when he sat down behind the desk.

"I know, sir," I replied.

"And yet you were doing exactly that," he clucked his tongue, "How much did you hear."