chapter nineteen - Long Live The Queen

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"From every wound, there is a scar.

From every scar, there is a story. A story that says 'I survived!'"

- Craig Scott

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

I was way too scared to be excited. When the bell rang, Nate opened it while I dragged my luggage down the stairs.

I had a lot of trouble to come over as if I wasn't holding anything back. Honestly? I didn't want to keep anything back for him. He was the only family I had left and that was my sole reason for not telling him why I suddenly was accepted for Oxford.

Instead, I made up some story about me applying to the university and not wanting to tell him about it because I didn't want to get our hopes up too high. He didn't want to believe me and then I had to play the card I had dreaded to use. The break-down-and-cry one.

"She'll be here any minute," I heard my uncle say.

"I'm right here," I said as I gave my bags a last tug to put them beside my legs.

"You may already sit in the car, miss," the man said, "I'll put it in the back."

* * * * * *

I was fidgeting the entire flight due to the stress I was experiencing. On one side, I was looking forward to go and study at Oxford but on the other side, I was flying towards my doom.

"It's so nice to see you after so long," he said as he pulled me into a forced hug, "Did you miss me like I missed you?"

When I didn't answer, he pushed me a little bit backwards in order to look at me, but he never lost contact.

"Of course you didn't," he chuckled, "You were the sole thing on my mind the entire day. Every day. Every night. I don't blame you, my queen. You had to study the entire time in order for universities to notice you."

I stayed quiet, trying to stay calm so he wouldn't notice the disgust I felt for him.

"Now you don't have to anymore," one of his hands slid down to grab mine, "I'll make sure of that. Let's get going to our house, shall we?"

-----------------

A/N

I want to thank you for all the votes that got this story to #212 in this genre!