Saying Goodbye.

ONE YEAR LATER

"Amara where are you going?" Jace asked as he watched her frantically pack her bags.

"I'm leaving New York Jace." she said not looking at him.

"What? no you're not." 

"Yes, I am." she said back "And you can't stop me."

"why do you want to leave?" 

"I can't just sit here and do nothing, since Izzy outed me to the clave they won't let me back into the Institute and you and Magnus won't let me help find Alec."

"Last time you found Alec you almost died."

"but I didn't. Since I can't help here, I might as well go find out something about myself. Jace" she paused "I need this Jace"

Jace knew that this was the right thing for her but he didn't want to lose her too. "I can't lose you too."

"You're not losing me Jace."she told him. "I'm going back to Beacon Hills, to learn about this other part of me, I can't do that in New York."

"I know that but that doesn't mean i want you to go." Jace said.

"Jace, you're my best friend nothing will change that, you're my brother."

"Let me go with you." she immediately shook her head.

"You're needed here, you have to help Clary and find your Parabatai." she convinced "You're needed here, I need you here, to watch over my dad, find Alec and protect Max."

he knew he wasn't going to make her stay so he knew he had to let her go. "Okay, fine but you have to call me at least once a week, and if you need any help at all you call me before anyone else" he said "and don't die, or get kidnapped, or don't get kidnapped and die."

"Jace I will be fine. I talked to Scott he's letting me stay with him and his mom." she smiled. Jace didn't speak. "Oh Jace." she said shaking her head while she turned around to grab her bags from her bed. "Walk with me to my car?"  he nodded his head following her out and to her cherry red jeep that her dad got her for the trip.

"Okay, this his goodbye for now." she told him putting her bad into the back. 

"you'll call right?" he asked

"of course, I'll call. I can't disappear from this life." she said hugging him. she seen her dad you old her that he wouldn't make it to say goodbye."dad." she smile in a somber way.

"hey sweetheart." Magnus greeted. "you really think I would let you go without saying goodbye."

they hugged then she seen a young boy hiding in the corner of the street. "Max?"

"You're leaving?" he said with a sad face.

she smiled again and walked to him, kneel down she told. "Max, I'm leaving."

"why?" he asked again. "Is it because of Alec?" she didn't want him blaming his brother anymore than he already did so she told him

"No, I'm leaving because I need to find answers about myself."

"Will you come back and see me?"

"of course I will, how could I leave my best friend in the whole wide world forever?" he smiled. they hugged. "you take care of yourself Max and if you need anyone one Jace will be here, I made him promise to be here for you when I'm gone and don't get into too much trouble without me okay?"

After saying goodbyes Amara got into her Jeep and started her travel to Beacon Hills.

THE END.