33. Little assistant

Renjun nodded eagerly, they were eating a lot, Renjun commented each topping, he loved ham and salami, was very happy about the tomatoes and parmesan cheese, but didn't like sea food or the the sweet ingredients like pineapple or peach. He started to spit pepperoni back on the table causing Jae to laugh hard. He also needed to stop Renjun from feeding Dalli telling him she will need to be washed so she won't be able to sleep with him.

Soon they were so full Jae asked the waiter to stop bringing new pieces. He ordered ice cream for Renjun and finished his coffee. Renjun was super excited about the ice cram but left half of it for Jae to finish causing him to feel like a real parent. He asked for the bill, payed by card, took Renjun up from the chair then made his way beck to the car through the photographers. They followed them to the mall where Jae needed to persuade the little sleepy Renjun to pick out clothes he'd liked to wear. Soon they were walking back Renjun holding a little bag with a toothbrush and a Taeyong like snapback he really liked, while Jae was carrying all the heavy stuff.

He had bought a mask for Renjun placing it over half of his face to secure him from the paparazzi. Thy reached the car Renjun tottered behind Jae to the trunk lifting his bag.

"Here Jae," he said watching him proudly.

"Thank you my assistant," Jae caressed his head.

Dalli had stayed in the car and yes Jae needed to fasten the seatbelt around her so "The bad men with cameras won't steal her." Jae was grinning wide to himself when he closed the trunk the helped Renjun into the car, fastened his seatbelt, then drove back to the hotel.

He was tired but happy when they reached the bedroom his phone lighting up again.

'Have a good night Jae, I'll guess I have some news in the morning.'

He wrote back telling Taeyong to take care of himself then made a photo of Renjun who was going through the new clothes with excitement.

"Jae do you want to see me in it?" he asked.

"Sufe," Jae grinned when he sent the photo to Taeyong.

He sat on the floor leaning against the bed while Renjun took a lot of clothes then carried them to the bathroom.

Jae saw him jumping up until he reached the light switch.

"Dalli will watch too," Renjun ran back seating the sheep on the floor next to Jae.

"Sufe she will," Jae laughed. "Should I help?" he asked.

"No, just don't look," said Renjun leaving the bathroom door open using some time to change.

He came back all happy posing in the new clothes causing Jae to grin wider.

"You look gfeat," he said. "Dalli thinks so too."

Renjun smiled so brightly he ran back changing in a different seat of clothing.

"Jae need help!" he shouted a few moments later so Jae jumped up hurrying to the bathroom to see how Renjun couldn't get a hoodie on properly so he helped him into it.

He returned to his watch spot waiting patiently until Renjun showed all the clothes.

"Now pfesent youf pajama, we need to go to sleep, we had a long day Dalli is tifed too," said Jae.

Renjun pouted his lips but grabbed the pajama he jumped back to the bathroom then came back changed.

"Now we need to clean the new clothes and fold then pfopefly, Taeyong feally doesn't like mess," said Jae so Renjun nodded.

They picked the clothes up from the bathroom floor where Renjun had left them then Jae showed the boy how to fold them. Renjun was working eagerly placing them all on a lower shelf in the wardrobe.

"Gfeat job!" Jae gave him a high five. "Now let's go wash ouf teeth."

They walked to the bathroom and Jae lifted Renjun up as the sinks a too high for him he was holding the boy while he brushed his teeth then he let him go.

Renjun squeaked loud running to the bed he jumped on it cuddling to Dalli.

"I'll sleep in the next foom on the couch ok, good night," said Jae.

"Can you stay until I'll fall asleep?" asked Renjun.

"Sufe," Jae sat on the bed then Renjun reached his little hand out to him so Jae took his palm caressing it gently.

He felt Renjun was watching him with wide opened eyed what made him feel strange.

"Sleep ok," he said.

Renjun nodded then closed his eyes.

"Will you stay Jae?" he asked.

"Coufe I'll stay I'm not going anywhefe don't woffy," whispered Jae still holding this little hand realizing how much Renjun needed someone he could love who would love him back. He had no parents he was all alone between strangers from such a young age, no siblings no one. When Jae's parents had abandoned him he was a young adult, he had Taeil and his family, Doyoung, Sicheng, Ten, Lauren he had Taeyong's love. He couldn't believe what this little person that was breathing steady next to him holding to the fluffy sheep has been through. He found his eyes becoming wet he wished Taeyong would be here to hug him, to call him his little Jae, to kiss him goodnight.

He covered Renjun more with the duvet then left the bed quietly. He closed the door to the other room then dialed Taeyong's number.

 He closed the door to the other room then dialed Taeyong's number

Thank you so much for the precious support.

What do you think about the evening Jae and Renjun had together? Will Jae be able to contact Taeyong?

Much <3