75. Public humiliation

The screams were loud, the flashes blending him when Jae walked on the red carpet holding Taeyong's hand. They came as a couple no matter what people will say, both grinning wide while walking to the press corner posing for photos. Despite all the drama in the media about Jae's new video, if it's ok or too much, if young people should be confronted with images like that, if they shouldn't be role models and so on, yes despite it all Jae was in a great mood.

They left the main photo area walking to the awaiting journalists while Jae caught the sight of Mark who was interviewed by a girl his age, they stopped next to an older lady who started to spit out questions about the new video.

"Love has a lot of layers and colors and it's the expression or one of the ingredients of love," said Taeyong as diplomatic as always when Jae listened to Mark's interview.

"What do you expect from tonight?" asked the girl when Mark smiled wider.

"To meet a pretty girl, he said winking to her when she went totally red.

"It was a serious question," she said turning the microphone off.

"I had been serious," Mark grinned. "What's your name?"

"Jasmine," she became red till the top of her ears.

"Find me at the after show," said Mark before leaving to the big hall.

Jae shook his head has Mark decided to forget his hopeless crush on Taeil and fancy girls again? He hoped for it as Taeil had sent him a text this morning reporting him and Lauren decided to wait a few years with the marriage, so Lauren was back to London while Taeil was hiding in some countryside house working on his music.

Doyoung and Minju were on vocation while Ten was spamming his messenger with videos of the twins learning how to walk.

But Jae decided to forget it all, he had a night to enjoy so he pulled Taeyong towards the hall they found their seats with a great stage view Mark came in taking his chair next to Jae trembling  a lot he was still stressed before performances.

"You will do gfeat man," said Jae.

"Thanks my best boss and friend," Mark grinned. "Jae do you think the pretty brunette will come and find me at the after show?" asked Mark lowering his voice.

Jae laughed he really couldn't keep a straight face when Taeyong turned their way.

"What?" asked Mark perplexed.

"Nothing it's just, I just femembef a night seven yeafs ago when you had found a pfetty bfunette," Jae was choking from laugher.

"Can I be enlightened on what's so funny?" asked Taeyong when Mark's face became very red.

"Jae I was a kid then I had no idea what I'm doing."

"Yes yes ok... Soffy," Jae got over his giggles. "Sufe she will come she won't abandon a guy like you," Jae rubbed Mark's knee.

"Stop! I'm not Renjun!" protested Mark in a sweet way.

"I still don't know what's going on," said Taeyong.

"Latef," Jae giggled then kissed his cheek.

The show started soon, the MC was warming the audience up with funny quotes the first awards were presented, soon Mark won both 'song of the year' and 'album of the year' when Taeyong was honored as the best male artist. Jae was sitting there watching them walking up the stage then coming back with the statues grinning wide.

He was proud even if he knew he will never be a member in their hall of fame, never stand a chance with these two music kings in their country but he was happy, happy for them. Suddenly he felt he's not jealous at all he's enjoying it. Especially when Mark said - "Thank you and a big applause for Jaehyun my boss and my best friend, guy this man deserves a medal I wouldn't be here tonight or anywhere if it hasn't been for this man, this award it also yours Jae," - during his speech.

Jae blushed hard while Taeyong jumped up giving standing ovations causing Jae to sink in the chair from embarrassment.

When Taeyong won 'performance of the year' he smiled to the statue then looked straight at him.

"There's one person I want to thank so much for being with me, for standing all my phobias all break downs crazy ideas, who is my muse my inspiration who is the flame in every single song my strength to start each day with so much love and hope. My Jae you are my rock," Taeyong raised the statue to him when his eyes filled with tears and Mark applauded loud, Jae's heart bursting from all the emotions he couldn't express.

Taeyong came back when Jae sprang up closing him in a tight hug.

"You feally made it up with Mafk to make me embaffassed publicly," said Jae. "But I love you so so much."

Taeyong just hugged him tighter, they sat back intertwining their fingers Jae leaned his head on Taeyong's arm while the next performer filled the stage.

"I bet Junie is watching the awards," said Taeyong half an hour later it was nearly time for him to go prepare for hie performance.

"I bet," Jae smiled.

Thank you for all the amazing support, I have to tell you there are 3 more chapters of this book left, but stay tuned for news about book 4

So what do you think about the award show, Mark flirting with a girl and both Mark and Taeyong overthrowing Jae with love?

Much <3