Rainbow

After school, I am waiting for my mother to pick me up. I stand outside of my school building as it is slightly drizzling. The cold wind hits my face and I shiver. I stand there, trembling from coldness, but I feel warm when I feel her touch. Karl jumps at me from behind and then hugs me randomly.
"Sup, bro?" she says and I laugh.
"Nothing much" I say. The cold, wet, weather somewhat seemed like a sunny day when she came into the picture. Her smile shines bright and her eyes twinkle with happiness. Karl means everything to me. She completed my world once she said "yes" to being my girlfriend. 
We talked. I no longer shivered or felt that cold feeling throughout my body. I stayed close to her as she held me.
Her mom pulls in at the school and she starts to grab her backpack and lunchbox. She fixes her hair and then looks at me with a sweet, kind smile. My heart skipped a beat. Before she left, she gave me a tight hug and a quick kiss on the cheek.
"I love you. Remember that." She says and I nod.
"I love you too"
Karl goes inside her car as her mom talks on the phone. I see her shut the car door and wave me goodbye from her window. The car drives away and the grey clouds swarm around me and the rain starts to fall again as the coldness hits me even harder. Maybe the weather stayed the same, but for a few minutes, I felt nothing but Karl's warm and love. 
Moments later, my mother pulls in and I get inside my car. I lay against the car window and look at the passing cars on the streets. I see a girl that has a rainbow shirt, rainbow socks, and a rainbow flag with her.
"That girl looks weird. Good thing you are not like that" my mom said. I look at her. If only you knew.
"What do you mean?" I asked and I hear her chuckle.
"I mean that you are not gay"
My chest felt tight at the sound of her words. I closed my eyes. 

Tell her. Tell her. Tell her.

"I have a girlfriend." I say. The whole world seemed to go quiet. 
"and I'm gay."

My eyes became the rain.