On and Off Relationships

Have you ever given a person more than one chance? More than 2? Three? More than many chances so they can prove themselves to you and show you how much they love and care for you?

There are so many reasons to leave, but you choose to stay. People think you're blind, stupid, for being with that person that you so much care about and give multiple chances to.

You're friends tell you you deserve better. Your family probably doesn't know, but if  they do, they would probably care less or say the exact same thing that you're friends tell you. And what about the rest of the world? What do they think? Who knows. For all you know, they can be calling you a whore with no reason.

There is no other choices out there. The only choice is that specific significant other. But, that's what you want to think. You trained your heart to only feel love for that specific person. You have trained your eyes to only look at your other half like you wouldn't look at anyone else. Well, it's either that, or they trained you.

For some, we become pets. On anothers, we just act like a puppet that does everything we tell ourselves to do.

Your other half may have trained you into only believing that they are what you want, they are what you deserve, they are what you need. But want to know something?

That's not true.

The puppets are the same. But instead we order ourselves to love another like no one else, making that love almost a bad habit. You order yourself to fall in love no matter what. It comes to the point where when you tell yourself to stop, you can't.

Even when you have nothing left for your other.

On and off relationships are hard. It's rare, but not rare, when they actually work out.

What people say is true though. A cheater will always be a cheater. A liar will always be a liar. A hypocrite will always be a hypocrite. Etc. Etc.

So, why do we keep crawling back to what may be the worst for our future?

No one knows.

We did this pain to ourselves, as much as that hurts to know. We lose respect for ourselves going back to someone who clearly is a heart breaker or something different.

But what no one understands is that in our eyes, we only see perfection in that person. We ignore the flaws that are contained in their heart and only see the lies-that we so much believe- that leave their mouth, their eyes that only say everything but the truth, and the kindness that is most likely fake.

Not to worry, though. One day we will all come across a path that let's us know better. This path will unblind us from some negativity in life and help you walk forward.

On and off will not always be apart of our hearts. Believe me. It becomes apart of your story, but it doesn't have to become apart of your future.