The Dance

*One week later*
Jake's POV:
Erika left to go see her family four days ago and she's coming back today so Ive been putting a welcome home party together to surprise her. Right now I have catering here setting up food, decorators making a dance floor, and Team Ten is getting dressed. Erika comes home at 5:00 and I'm going to pick her up. I'm wearing black ripped jeans and a white button down Tee-shirt. I have a promise ring in my pocket because I'm going to ask Erika to be my girlfriend tonight. It's currently 4:30 and everyone is arriving. We only planned for a small amount of 40 people which are Team Ten's close friends and a few of Erika and I's that the squad doesn't know. Erik just asked for me to pick her up.
Jake: Tessa, hold up fort, I gotta dip.
Tessa: Okay, got it!
*At the Airport*
Erika gets into Jake's Lamborghini
Erika: Hey, why are you so dressed up?
Jake: You'll see when we get home. There's a tight red dress for you in back and some silver heels. We are going to stop by Sonia's house and she's doing your hair and makeup.
Erika: You have me a little nervous.
Jake put his hand on her thigh
Jake: Don't Be. Do you trust me?
Erika: Of course I do!
Jake: Them don't worry about it.
Erika's POV:
We arrived at Sonia's house and Jake carried my dress and shoes and opened the door. Sonia sat me down and curled my hair. Jake was in the living room talking to her husband. She did my makeup and I got into the dress and shoes.
Sonia: Hey Jake, you may want to come get your hot girl!
Erika blushes
Erika: Sonia stop.
Jake comes in
Jake: Alright, hottie lets go!
Erika: Okay, come in and shut up.
*Back at the Team Ten house*
Tessa: Everyone shut up and hide I was just told by security that Jake's Lamborghini just pulled in!
Everyone hides
Erika: Jake, Why is it so dark in there and why is there so many cars?
Jake: I'm making big moves, baby!
Erika's POV:
We walked in and a ton of people jumped out screaming welcome home. I turned and hugged Jake and kissed his cheek. They turned on music and everyone started dancing. After eating, Perfect by Ed Sheeran comes on and the Dj says slow dance. Jake immediately finds me and we start to dance, my head in the crook of his neck, and his hands wrapped around my waist. Everyone gets off the dance floor and it's just me and Jake. At the end of the song, Jake pulls away and Tessa gives him a mic.
Jake: Can I have everyone's attention please?
Everyone goes quiet
Jake: So I made this a welcome home party to keep this low profile. Erika started out as just my assistant and we quickly grew a close relationship, she was the one there for me through the whole Alissa situation, Erika would stay up late at night and let me cry on her shoulder, knowing that the next morning she would have to take care of my business things I don't have time for. I secretly liked Erika for a long time. A couple weeks ago, I asked Erika to join the talent side of Team Ten and told her how I feel. She agreed, then we ran into some confusion, but that's what brought us here today.
Jake turned to Erika
Jake: Erika Costell, I have fallen in love with you, your beautiful eyes, and sweet calming voice, it just makes me want to get to call you
Mine.
Jake gets in one knee and Erika is now crying
Jake: This isn't a proposal, it's a promise. Erika will you be my girlfriend and I promise to always take care of you, and love you, and listen to everything you have to say, stop and think about my actions before doing them.
Erika: Of course!
Jake's POV:
Erika said yes and I got up and kissed her soft lips yet again. Everyone began cheering and clapping. I picked Erika up and spun her in my arms. The Dj played another slow song and Erika put her head in the crook of my neck, and wrapped her arms around my neck too. I slid my hands from her shoulders to her hips, we started swaying back and forth in unison. I realized in that moment how she fits perfectly with me, her hands perfectly fit in mine, her lips move so well with mine, she's just short enough for me to hug and not be uncomfortable. The song stopped and I didn't want to but Erika let go and pulled me into a hug.We finished off the night and headed to bed. Both Erika and I decided to take it slow so she slept in her room. I have never felt so good going to bed. I have also gained back most of my weight, which Erika is happy about.😂☺️