4: Letter at Sea

Aphmau's POV:

"Okay," Garte sighed. "So, my son, Vylad here, died but, is alive because he's a shadow knight?" We nodded. "My other son, Zane, is in the same situation?" Again, we nodded. "And, you're Irene but, you go by Lady Aphmau and my eldest son Garroth, is your guard?"

"Yes Father," Vylad said. "That's only chipping the ice though."

Lord Ro'Meave messaged his temples, still trying to process everything. I mean, who wouldn't be doing the same thing in this situation? He just found out all his sons are still alive, he's been isolated from the world for three years and hasn't seen his wife. He also hasn't been home in that time either.

"Anything else," He asked.

"Oh! That's Lucinda," Cylad said, directing the attention to the red head herself. "She's a close friend of ours'."

"Only chipping the surface, huh?"

"Pretty much," Lucinda said. "There's a whole lot of magicks stuff, dimensions, romance, action-"

"Don't forget about the comedy," Vylad added.

"Of course! And-," Lucinda continued.

"Enough! I think he gets the picture," I say. "Just let him rest."

Vylad shook his head, getting him back to reality.

"Of course. Besides," He sighed, frowning. "We have a problem at foot."

The idea of what is going on at home is frightening me. At least I have the Menphia relic in my possession. Vylad lead his father to a nice place where he can rest, Lucinda and I decided to discuss what to do.

"I could teleport us there," She offered.

"To risky."

"Send a message to Dante, maybe?"

"He's been through a lot. From what I have heard."

I remembered the whole Kenmur incident back at home as well. I wish this boat could go faster.

"...So, we just wait. Hopefully, that fairy guide won't find them."

I leaned back in my chair, wanting to cry. Have you ever had that feeling, where you come to a point where you just need to rest and you want to cry? Yep, that's me. I can't tell you the last time I had to relax. Lucinda noticed and rubbed my arm.

"Garroth is strong, Aph. He can handle it. I'm sure he's protecting your girls-"

"But, who's protecting him? Luci, I'm just scared to lose him. After Aaron...I don't want to lose my best friend too."

Lucinda smirked;

"Are you sure your telling me the truth? You've seem to bring that blonde up more nowadays."

"Y-Yes! He's just...He's the first person I've met in this whole journey and has been here for so long that if I lost him...I don't know what I'd do."

"Just breath. I'm sure he's-"

Just then, there was a sound of a poof and a scroll hit Lucinda in the head, making her jump.

"What the..."

She picked it up and opened it. She read the first few sentences and frowned.

"It's for you." With a shaking hand, I took the paper. "I'll leave you be for now."

Nervous, I started reading.

Dear Aphmau,

It's great to hear from you. We were all a bit worried for you. I would've sent you this letter by pigeon but, I guess you had a better idea. Also, your blonde friend told me that the pigeon would take too long...
Anyways! There's something urgent that I need to tell you! Garroth, he's fine but, Tu'la guards found us. They told us that they were there for him and noticed that your daughters were there too. They wanted all three of them. He protected us, thankfully but, he suffered from it. His wounds are taken care of but, he's been sentenced to bed for a period of time. That's when we received your letter. Garroth was so overjoyed I hear from you! He practically was jumping like a-

*scattered ink on the page*

Hello Lady Aphmau. Before Hyria scares you, I'm perfectly fine. Just a few stitches is all. Hyria was a huge help! Anyways, I'm glad to hear how your trip is going. I can't wait for you tell me in person. Take your time. Again, everything is fine. The girls and I may have broken a few things...accidentally but, Hyria understands, I think. They have been complete angels and they told me to write that they miss you and they love you. Alina has been getting a few sparks from her relic but, nothing serious. Lilth has been such a great big sister, always taking care of Alina when I'm helping Hyria with something.
Look, I miss you...a lot. It's been weeks now since you left and I miss seeing you everyday. It's crazy how a long journey on a cramped boat can make you feel, huh? I just-*scribbled our words* I care about you and I was scared something happened to you. I know you can handle yourself but, I guess it's my job to worry now. Just know that your journey comes first. We need to save Ru'an and your it's only hope. So, please, stay safe and stay focused on your mission.

We wish you the best,
Hyria and Garroth

I was about to put the letter down, until I saw that there was another page.

Aphmau,

Garroth is asleep so, now I can tell you something that he can't hear. His relic...something is growing in it. I don't know if he's finally learning how to control it more but, he unlocked powers during his fight with the guards. He was able to form a force field with his hands and push back the guards with one swing. Something I didn't know was possible. I need to discuss this more in person with you but, that's all you need to know for now.

Hyria.

Now confused, I put the letter down. Lucinda came back.

"Well?"

"Something is going on with Garroth's relic. The guards reached them but, they're fine. Apparently he unlocked something with his relic.
I don't have a clue."

"We'll find out soon, I guess."

"Yeah..."

Word Count
1003