18: A Demon's Choice

Garroth's POV:

The birds seemed to sing good morning as I laid against a tree, reading the journal of Esmund that Aphmau gave to me. She told me that I finally had some information and I should use it. Besides, she had some things to do that morning and suggested that while she was away, I could use that as my time off. So, I did so.

Dear Reader,

Whoever is reading this you've received this from a friend of mine. Hopefully, she has made things easier for you and your transition into this new form. I have to warn you though. The relic that I possess, right now, on my death bed, is something not to be taken lightly. It has given me great power with a price. A price that only a true man can handle. If you are reading this, Hyria must've already told you or Irene, of the causes that has come from not only my relic but, the others'. In this book, you'll find my research and spells to help you control these new powers. I wish you luck on your journey and may your future be nothing but blessings.

Esmund.

"Garroth?"

I jumped and looked up to see Travis. He seemed concerned seeing me on the ground.

"What's going on, Travis?", I asked, concerned for him.

"What's going on with you? I came walking in and worried was written all over your face."

I sighed and gave him the book. He read the same passage and looked at me.

"So, this is Esmund's?"

"Was Esmund's, yes. Travis, I'm worried that there is something Hyria or Aphmau isn't telling me. I would ask you but, I know you weren't there when Aphmau came back," I say, explaining my thoughts. "I mean, I trust her but, would she hide something from me that would effect me?"

"Well, if I were to give you advice," Travis started, handing me back the leather book. "Women are strange. Sure, I might make it difficult through my own actions to have them act normal around me but, when they love you and care about you, they tend to hide things. You just have to wait for the right time when she is ready."

"Maybe...how do you know this?"

"Garroth, it took till I was thirteen to figure out that the demon warlock was my father. It didn't believe it until my mother died. She didn't tell me because, she wanted me to live my life without any boundaries because, she loved me."

"Travis..."

"Hey, it's okay. But, Garroth, with Aphmau, being patient with her can be hard. But, I know everything will work out."

I nodded and put he book away.

"Is there something else you wanted to inform me?", I asked.

"Yes," He sighed. "I have come to a decision and with Katelyn and Lucinda's help they have knocked some sense into me and stated that I should look into having the Eniko relic in my possession."

I raised my eyebrows, shocked at request.

"You don't have to-"

"But, I want to. Garroth, Ru'an, my home, is in danger and if I were to lose it after losing my other home, I don't know what I'll do."

I placed my hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"This means a lot."

"You're welcome. Now, let's go talk to Aph."

•••

Aphmau's POV:

"You sure, Travis?", I asked.

"Of course."

I nodded and handed him he relic. Instead of it absorbing into him instantly, he took a deep breath and with a slight spark it was gone. Just like that, we had our Enki.

"Thank you, so much," I say, smiling. "It means so much to us that you're willing to do this."

Travis smiled and looked over to Lucinda and Katelyn. Then, looked to Garroth and I.

"You guys are my family. If I don't protect you all the best way I can, then, what good is that?"

We enjoyed a bit of company before the three left. I smiled, seeing them walk away.

"You know, to think that the day I met you, was the start of meeting my new family," I say, looking towards Garroth.

"Hey, you did that by yourself," He smirked.

"Heh, sure."

•••

Lucinda's POV:

I sighed, looking back and seeing Garroth and Aphmau together. It reminded me so much of my ex and I in the beginning of our relationship. Young and in love.

"Hey, Luci," Travis says, coming over to me, letting Katelyn go ahead. "Is everything okay?"

"Y-Yeah...just thinking?"

"About what?"

"...About life."

"Ah, I see. Well, if you need any gentle calming," He smirked, elbowing me gently. "I'm your guy."

"Oh really," I asked, raising an eyebrow suspiciously. "And why is that?"

"Because," He says, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "You're a special girl...and I know what you're thinking when you see those two together. Lucinda...do what makes you happy."

"Travis, you don't understand-"

"Really? You think after being regretted time and time again, I don't understand the pain of not having anyone special?"

"...I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

"What's with you recently, Travis?"

He looked down at me, his arm still around me.

"What do you mean?"

"Compared to you from three year ago, you seem to have matured somewhat."

"That's very kind of you, Luci but, I guess meditating in a cave for a long period of time helps."

"Heh..."

We went forward. He insisted that he walked me to the place where I was staying until I could go to the Phoenix Alliance Island so I could help Haley.

"Thank you Travis," I say, walking up to the door. "You're a good guy."

"Oh course, m'lady," He says, kissing my hand. "I'll see you tomorrow!"

He walked off, seeming to be pretty proud of himself. I had a pink blush on my face, moved by the way he treated me that evening.

Little did I know, that I would have many more amazing days and nights with him...

Word Count
1003