5: Phoenix Drop

Dante's POV:

Let's say, I shocked to see Aphmau and Lucinda dock. With....is that Vylad and...why is Garroth so old?

"Lady Aphmau," I asked, still confused. "What's going-"

She hugged me tightly and started sobbing into my shoulder.

"I-I'm so sorry," She cried. "You've been through...so much!"

"H-Hey, breath," I say, rubbing her back. "What's wrong?"

She pulled away and wiped away her tears.

"Where's Kenmur's resting place," She asked.

I looked down. I think she already knows anyways. She nodded and went off.

"Nice to see you again," Vylad said. "You still haven't changed."

I smiled. It's nice to see Vylad again. It's been so long. Besides just his scarf, his whole outfit changed. His hair was still messy but, her wore a lose brown top with black pants and brown boots. He wore a belt that had his dagger strapped on and a pine green hood draped from his shoulders to his knees.

"I wish I could say the same to you," I chuckled. "Who's this?"

"Dante," Lucinda said. "Meet Lord Ro'Meave of O'Khasis."

I gritted my teeth. From what Garroth told me so long ago, Garte was a pretty much power hungry leader who only cared about himself. He's the reason why Garroth left his home and had to start all over again. I can't even start with all the pain he caused Aphmau and the rest of my family.

"It's a pleasure to meet you..."

"You as well."

"I'll...show you around."

•••

Aphmau's POV:

Once I reached his grave, I started to sob again. I couldn't believe Kenmur was gone. Emmalyn is our there probably mourning! Could have I prevented this? How can I fix this?

You can.

I can't.

Touch the grave.

Why?

Do it.

I placed my hand on the gravestone, confused of what I was doing. Soon, a flash of light came and wind started to blow. I fell back, afraid of what I just did.

"Aphmau!"

Dante and the others came running up.

"What's going on," Vylad shouted.

"I don't know," I responded.

We all stood back and with one last flash, we covered our eyes. Once everything was clear once again, I opened them up again. I was shocked to see what was before me.

A breathing, healthy looking Kenmur was right in front of me. He looked scared and confused.

"Kenmur," We all exclaimed at once, well, not Garte.

We all hugged him tightly, relieved to see him alright.

"Am I dead? No. You're all here. Why am I not dead? I remember dying! Right?"

"I wouldn't question it buddy," Dante says, wiping away tears of joy.

Still confused and having a foggy mind, Dante, Garte, and Vylad all helped him to get back home. I couldn't stop smiling. Kenmur was alive.

"Aph?"

"Yes, Luci?"

"You do know what this means right?"

"Hm?"

"You can heal again!"

Word Count
482
Filler chapter, sorry.