21: La Vie en Rose

Longest Chapter yet! Song originally by Edith Piaf!
•••
Aphmau's POV:

"Are you sure this is good Cadenza?", I say, looking into my mirror in my bedroom. "I don't want him to get nervous about me in a gorgeous dress."

"Hun, you look amazing.", She assured me. "Garroth will think so too and you two will have an wonderful time."

I looked into the mirror again to see me in a silk purple dress that went down to my knees with a white lace belt around my waist. My hair was up in a bun with a few strays falling in front of my face. Flowers decorated the style and I smiled, remembering the flower crown Garroth gave me so long ago. I looked back to see my friends. Katelyn, Kawaii~Chan, and Lucinda were here as well, smiling back at me.

"Aphmau, you look stunning.", Lucinda said, in her usual 'mom' tone.

"Kawaii~Chan agrees with Lucinda. Aphmau~Senpai looks amazing!", KC exclaimed, clapping her hands.

"Thank you girls!", I say back, smiling with a slight blush from all the compliments. I look over to Katelyn who was leaning on the wall. "Anything you like to say?"

Me and the girls giggled, knowing how protective Katelyn is with these things. She only smirked and said;

"He's probably going go faint, you know that?"

We all giggled again, knowing that had some truth to it. All Garroth told me was to dress nice for our...date? I'm still getting used to the word and the idea of dates.

"Do any if you know how these things work?", I asked, starting to get a little nervous. "All I know about dates is from Haley but, no offense to her, I don't think her's was a good example."

"Nobody does.", Lucinda mumbled, crossing her arms. "All I know is that it's where a couple go somewhere and, or do something special to make each other smile and feel appreciated."

"Oh...well, any advice?", I asked.

"This is gonna sound cheesy but, from my relationship,", Cadenza said, smiling. "guys like it when your acting normal and yourself."

"I see..."

The doorbell rang. My heart started going a million times an hour while the girls just squealed in excitement. They raced out of the room and down the stairs to answer the door. The only one who stayed behind with me was Katelyn.

"You gonna be okay?", She asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Do you want me to talk to him?"

"Heh, I'm good.", I say, folding my arms around my stomach. "I think I'm more excited than, nervous. Aaron and I never had this type of relationship. Now, with Garroth, I feel like it's special, you know?"

Katelyn smiled and said; "I had some doubts about...him. Especially, when I first met him. But, now getting to know him and really care about him like a brother, I'm so glad you have found happiness with him."

"Thanks, Katelyn.", I say, smiling up at her. "It means a lot to hear that from you."

"Of course!", She says, hugging me from the side. "Now, let me go set some ground rules to that man then, you two can go on your...what's it called again?"

"A date.", I answered.

"Geez, all they come up with this is a vegetable!?", She says, us starting to leave the room. "I'm no romantic but, I don't think a veggie is what you call, winning a lover's heart."

We laugh, coming to the top of the stairs. I looked down to see Garroth looking right back up to me, a slight blush painted on his face. I smiled back, the same color on my face as well. He was wearing a white cotton shirt with a navy blue vest and black pants and boots. He looked so dashing...