27: Final Battle

Garroth's POV:

It was good to be with everyone again. Sure, the camp gave off an depressing feeling but, I was glad to be back with my family. O'Khasis...man, I don't know how do describe what happened there. Shad never even showed up at O'Khasis thankfully. But, it felt like half his army did. No matter how many guards we sent onto the field, I always felt out numbered. We were able to hold them off while the civilians of he village escaped to the alliance island. I was thankful to know that Aphmau called out that the other villages did as well. I forced my parents to leave as well, knowing that they would be safe. They agreed and said goodbye to me. Once the Shadow Knights were getting closer and closer to village, we were running out of opinions. I didn't want all my men to die before the real battle started so, I pulled out Edmund's old journal again and tried to find a spell that would work.
A  beacon. If I reached the highest point of O'Khasis or got close to the middle, my force field would be able to surround the village. I told my guards to hold them off as long as they could and ran to the closest place I could find. After. That, everything was a blur. The whole process, next few days, I couldn't really remember. Thankfully, O'Khasis remained standing and more than half of O'Khasis' army survived. As I told the story to everyone, I also informed them that my army would be joining as well, with their own supplies to not inconvenience anyone. They all seemed great full for that.

"Why do you think they would attack O'Khasis first?", Laurance asked.

"Shad must've known from his spies or something that O'Khasis is the second largest powerhouse in all of Ru'an behind Phoenix Drop,", Katelyn answered. "He probably wanted to weaken our forces or at least distract them. I'm just glad everything turned out okay."

"Is there anything else you would like to share Garroth?", Aphmau asked.

"I read something from the library once I was recovering like, the doctor told me to,", I explained. "It said that Shad was defeated with all five divine warriors. I understand he is weaker unlike previous centuries ago but, we shouldn't risk something like this."

"Well, who do you suggest holds the fragment of Kul'zak?", Travis spoke in a annoyed tone. "I have Enki's,  Aphmau Irene's, Katelyn Menphia's, and you have Edmund's. Who else would be able to possess that type of power?"

I stood there silent and tried to think of something.

"I would suggest someone in our group that doesn't have a relic. That way it's in trusted hand and if they don't want it, they could at least hold it."

"Would anyone like to volunteer?", Aphmau asked, obviously wanting anything at this point.

Everyone just stood there, looking at each other, wondering who would step up to the plate and take the challenge. Nobody, at least for a while. Then, Laurance came forward.

"Look, I don't want anyone else to get hurt,", He said. "Dante has a family and Liochant has just started his life as a guard, a member o of the Dragon Ward...if anyone should have it, it's me."

Aphmau and I smiled softly at him, mentally thanking him. Since her and I have had these relics for the longest out of everyone, we know that it's a lot to ask for. I was surprise though. Laurance always seems to grow strong when it comes to protect his family. Aphmau rushed over to the other side of the tent to grab the fragment.

"You sure you want this?", I asked to which he nodded.

Aphmau came forward and as she was handing it to him, there was a bang. A guard from the Pikoro village came rushing in.

"There was an explosion in the Scaleswind squad rant!", She shouted. "We're under attack!"

"Nicole!", Damte shouted, a worried expression on his face, and ran out of the tent.