15: Stress

Aphmau's POV:

It's three am. Garroth is upstairs, asleep in bed. I finally had an idea and I needed to write down.

"With Shad's increasing power..," I mumbled under my breath, trying to concentrate. "...we have about a few weeks at least. He's probably planning to come here first. We would need to..."

My eyes felt heavy. I know Garroth would be upset if he caught me right now but, I needed to think.

"...if we were to build a barrier like at the portal at the academy-no! That wouldn't work! He destroyed it!"

I just wanted to get answers. Nothing was coming.

"Does Shad have a navy?"

I looked behind me and froze. Garroth was up.

"...I-I'm sorry."

"If this will get you back to bed, I'll help you," He smirked softly. "Does he have a navy?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Well, he probably won't be able to leave bright port straight away so we'll have to prepare there first."

"But, he could probably form another portal."

"Split it in half or more. I'm sure he'll send his soldiers here while he'll go to bright port."

"Maybe...Maybe you're right."

He sighed and smiled.

"Can you back to bed with me then?"

"Garroth...I can't."

"Why?"

I looked at him, mentally wounded.

"Because, sleeping with you only reminds me that I can't be at peace and just love you! I have to deal with being Lord, beating Shad, and also being the resurrection of Irene! I'm tired, sick, and frustrated at everything and I just want a break!"

He was frozen. He knelt down, light from my candle hitting his face. I noticed that his eyes were glistening. He was crying.

"I'm sorry, Aphmau...I didn't know how must stress you had," He sobbed.

"N-No! Garroth, I'm fine."

He chuckled half-heartedly.

"How come you get to use that word?"

I giggled, tucking his hair behind his ear lovingly. His ocean eyes looked so beautiful with his tears but, it made me sad...

"Aphmau, I'm going back to my bed. You should get your-"

"No. I feel warm around you."

"But, you-"

"I swear, I'm going to bed."

He smirked and got up. He noticed that I wasn't following him. He stalked back over to be and picked me up bridal style.

"Garroth," I giggled.

"Come on! I don't think a good girl like you should be up this late!"

"Hahahaha!"

He dropped me on our purple bed and tucked me in. He kissed the top of my head and crawled in next me. I buried my head in his chest and he spooned me, bringing me even closer.

I wish I never fell asleep that night...

Word Count
452
A cliffhanger and a short chapter!? Man, I'm so evil!