10: Home

Garroth's POV:

"Are you both crazy," Hyria exclaimed. "I can't believe you both went off the trail then...then this happened!" She pointed at my shirt and arms, dried blood stained them. "You also got lost on top of that! I gave you a fairy for a reason!"

"Mom! Calm down," Lucinda says. "They were just trying to have some fun."

"Well, they need to realize when they got two of the three most powerful relics out the six divine warriors, that they can't go rolling off hills!"

With that, the elderly woman stormed up to her room and slammed the down behind her.

"I swear she can act like a child sometimes," Lucinda groaned. "What exactly happened?"

I blushed looking at Aph. She was in the same situation. We didn't have an excuse.

"We...We were just playing around and lost our way off the trail," I explain. "It was my fault completely. I apologize Lucinda, for the worry."

"It's fine but, that still doesn't explain why you two look like you're going to explode with embarrassment," Lucinda stated, crossing her arms. "Is that you were both yelled at like children or is it something else that you care to tell me?"

I felt Aphmau's soft hand take mine. She bit her lip and took a deep breath.

"Garroth and I are going to bed," She said.

Lucinda was flabbergasted. Her eyes were as big as the sun.

"B-But...But how!?"

"We'll explain in the morning," Aphmau said.

As we walked by, Aphmau closed her mouth that was hanging open. We both went upstairs and went into my bedroom. Aphmau kissed me on my cheek and smiled.

"Goodnight..."

"Sweet Dreams M'lady."

We crawled into bed, exhausted from our day long walk. I turn to her and wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her closer. She didn't seem to mind, so, I didn't back away.

Let's say, I had the best sleep I've had in a long time.

•••

"Did you both look into each other's eyes longingly and knew that you were in love," Lucinda asked.

"No," Aphmau and I said.

"Did Garroth serenade you?"

"No."

"Did Your first kiss turn in a makeout?"

"No!"

She zipped up, a bit scared of speaking about it.

"All that happened was we were in a moment of emotional trauma and we kissed," Aphmau explained. "We're not even a thing yet so don't give your hopes up."

Ouch.

We rode on our horses, back to Phoenix Drop. This time, following the fairy. Aphmau had to say goodbye to her daughters again, to keep them safe. It was devastating to watch.

"Can I ask one last question," Lucinda poked.

"What," We both shouted.

"Can I be the maid of honor?"

We both groaned, knowing this was going to be a long trip back.

•••

We all came up to the gate of Phoenix Drop, with all it's glory. Dante was there to greet us.