6: Think

Lucinda's POV:

Can I say something? Not only is Aphmau blind to others' feelings towards her, she is also blind with her feelings towards others. Don't get me wrong. You can be independent and strong by yourself but...
She's definitely been having signals towards Garroth. The girl doesn't even know it!
I guess, maybe she does. She just loves Aaron more? I don't know but, my goodness if I had her healing powers, I would use them to heal her broken heart.

"Um...Lucinda, you look a bit," Vylad said, concernment tracing his voice. "annoyed."

I sighed rubbing my head. Am I the only one that sees it?

"I thought you were smart Vylad," I groaned. "Don't you see? The feelings Aphmau has towards Garroth."

He chuckled and shook his head;

"I think it's pretty obvious."

"I know right!"

We had to be quiet though. Aphmau and Garte were ahead of us on horse. We were on our way towards my Mother's. Fun...
If Aph heard us, I think she would explode and explain to me, again, all the reasons why her and Garroth would never be thing.

"It's just a shame. Aphmau does still have feelings for Aaron," Vylad said. "If She were to fall in love again...she would break."

"What does that mean," I asked.

He raised an eyebrow towards me.

"Luci, we're talking about my brother here. He's a big idiot," He rolled his eyes when I still didn't understand. "He'll do anything without thinking."

"So? Aphmau does the same thing."

"Yes but, in horrible situations she takes things slow. My brother, throws himself into the pit without the ladder."

"I mean...he only does it for the best reasons."

"I cannot tell you how many times he has almost gotten killed. Even when we were kids he would get into crazy situations."

"But, Vylad. They love each other or, at least care about each other more than friends."

"I guess."

We rode silently, hearing only birds chirping.

"What are you gonna about it," He smirked.

I smiled and trotted up to Aph.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute," I asked.

She nodded and asked Garte to move back, which he agreed doing so. I moved next to her, with a smile of course. To seem innocent as possible.

"So...you excited," I asked.

"Yes! I can't wait to see my girls," She giggled, completely obviously of who I was talking about. "You excited to see your mom?"

I frowned at her and she laughed.

"Sorry!"

"Whatever. I need to...ask you something."

"Okay. What is it?"

"Do...Do you think Garroth irrational? Stupid, may I say?"

Aphmau's eyes narrowed when I said the word stupid. Offended, I assume. Huh...

"What!? No! I mean, yes he pretty much doesn't think before he acts but, does for only the best interest..."

"Okay. Next question," I say. Changing the topic. "Do you think he's kind and caring or overprotective?"

She still seemed confused but, brushed it off by answering;

"It depends by the situation."

"I see...last question."

"What are you-"

"Do you think he's handsome?"

A light blush was displayed on her face.

"I-I mean of course! Not that I t-think he's hot or a-anything," She stuttered. "If this about the whole me having feelings for him, well, you can stop now because, I don't. He's a close friend of mine and that's all."

I sighed, looking a head.

"Can...Can you at least think about it," I asked. "I know your still upset about Aaron but, you have an amazing guy who is willing to be there for you if you want him to."

"Luci..."

"You don't have to. I just don't want you to lose more than you already have."

We continued to ride home...silent. I looked over to her again, seeing her thinking.

"Are you happy that Kenmur is back," I asked.

She smiled and nodded.

"I'm surprised that it happened so quickly and suddenly."

"Your Aphmau! Things like that happen all the time!"

We laughed and went along the trail towards the enchanted forest.

Word Count
688