Prologue

Maliki grumbled under his breath as he walked towards his fathers' study. He wondered what the older vampire could want in the middle of the day as it was not often his old fashioned father rosed from day-sleep. Stepping up to the large mahogany doors I spotted my father sitting behind his large desk on his tall chair. The back of which stretched a great height. The man was sorting through documents and sorting them accordingly. Closing the doors behind him Maliki cleared his throat to get his fathers attention. 

"Ah son you're here, the servent did a good job, I shall give her the choice of blood tonight" The older vampire mused. 

Even though they had servants they were treated with respect and kindness and had their own rooms and some even had their families within the walls of the mansion.  

"Yes father, now why have you summoned me" Maliki questioned walking further into the spacious room running his fingertips across a bookshelf in the side of the room. 

"I Have called for you as you older brothers would not take such a task" His father stated cryptically.

"What task" Maliki hissed becoming annoyed with all the secrets and mystery. 

"It seems a large pack have settled close to the eastern border. I had a scout there yesterday to inform the pack you would be there tomorrow. They are hiding something and I want you to make sure they are not a danger to our family" His father stated calmly taking a drink out of his blood glass. 

"Yes father, right away" Maliki sighed defeated running a hand through his rich brown hair. 

"Thank you soon they are expecting you at 10 am sharp. You are dismissed" his father said waving his hand through the air dismissively.

Leaving his father in his study Maliki ventured back through the halls of the mansion nodding his head as he passed two servants that were folding sheets. Making it to his room Maliki flopped on the bed to mull over the fact he would have to take up residence in a wolf pack and would probably have to hunt for animal blood.