Chapter 3

-Maliki's POV-

I held in a snarl as nurses and doctors worked on my mate, his injuries were quite extensive and looked very painful. I didn't know his name but I knew I would do anything within my power to protect him. The whimpers and whines he let out were driving me insane. Digging my claws into my palms as the need to rip the nurses away from him grew.

"I know its painful to watch your mate get treated, but it will be a long road to recovery" My mother soothed as she came to stand next to me. 

"I feel so helpless, I want to go in there and pull the nurses and doctors away from him but at the same time, I know he needs to be treated" I spoke uncurling my hand's blood dripping onto the floor as the cuts healed. 

"We have some of the best doctors in our coven working on him, he'll make a good physical recovery but the mental aspect is all you" She replied laying her hand on my shoulder as my mate let out a particularly loud whine. 

"I realise that but I want to be as close to him as possible so he knows he's safe in this strange place" I responded my instincts screaming at me that I was too far away. 

"You can go to him when they finish working on him, how about we go get a drink and once we get back the doctors will be finished" She offered, giving me a brilliant reassuring smile. 

"Fine but as soon as they're finished I'm the first to know" I relented glancing to my mate one last time before nodding at my mother. 

Walking to the dining room with her, I felt relieved that she was my mother and I could count on her when things got tough. She was a little bit younger than my father but both were ancient beings. My father was Lord Alric the punisher and my mother is Lady Celeste reader of minds. They had mated over a thousand years ago and had steadily grown their wealth and fortune as by working for the supernatural council. That's why his father had taken the job for the wolf pack, he is a punisher.  They have four children my two older brothers, me and my younger sister. 

Once we got to the dining room I noticed there were already glasses of blood out for us with some crackers for snacking. Walking over I pulled my mother's chair out for her before going to sit in my own. Picking up my glass I held it under my nose scenting the blood before I took a sip.

"It's a 1936 vintage from the cellar" My mother stated as she drank from her own glass.

"It's good," I said as I swallowed the liquid. 

We sat in relative silence after that as my mother knew I still needed to process the fact that I had just found my mate. He was small, with blonde hair and forest green eyes that drew me in. His wolf was beautiful too, the luxurious white fur that looked so innocent and pure, he was also a lot smaller than the average werewolf. Everything about him seemed delicate. Did he even know he was half-vampire?  

"Excuse me, Lord Maliki we have finished working on your mate," One of the nurses said from the doorway. 

"Thank you for taking care of him" I replied swigging the rest of my glass before rushing to the room where my mate was. 

As I ran through the halls some of the servants looked on with knowing smiles. It was probably a hot topic in the house that I had found my mate. Rounding a corner my heart skipped a beat as I spotted my mate through the large window of the room. He was gorgeous, I was immediately calmed at the sight of him. 

Opening the door I stepped into the room sighing in content as his scent entered my nose. Walking over to him I sat on the chair the doctors put next to the bed. Taking his hand in mine I purred at how our hands fit so perfectly together.

"Wake up little wolf, I want to get to know you and spoil you and love you" I whispered brushing some hair out of his closed eyes. 

"That sound's nice" Came a croaky reply that I wasn't expecting. 

A shiver of awareness climbed up my spine as I stared into his hazy green eyes. It told me he was waking up but not fully aware of his surroundings. His rapid blinking brought my gaze to his long eyelashes. 

"Would you like some water?" I asked as he tried to sit up.

"I want to drink but my mind keeps screaming blood" He whispered his gaze fixing onto my face. 

A shocked gasp left my mouth as his eyes changed colour, His right eye was gold reflecting his wolf but his left eye was red reflecting his vampire nature. 

"Do you know what you are" I questioned helping him sit up the best I could. 

"I'm a werewolf" He answered though his nose scrunched up cutely as if he didn't believe himself. 

"You're more than just a plain old werewolf" I tried lifting his chin as he tried to avoid eye contact no doubt having realised we were mates. 

"If I'm not just a werewolf what am I why do I want to drink blood" He whined as his fangs poked out of his top lip. 

"You, little wolf are a werewolf-vampire hybrid, you want to drink blood because your vampire side has been awakened" I explained slowly, gulping when his tongue swiped over his fangs.

"You're my mate arent you," He asked tilting his head to the side as a quiet yip escaped him. 

"yes I am my name is Maliki, I am a vampire" I grinned showing him my fangs.

"I am called Oscar" He replied smiling to show me his fangs as I had done for him.

"You can drink from me or I can get a blood pack for you" I offered, getting up only to be pulled onto the bed with him. A hybrid's strength was nothing to sneeze at.

"I think I'd like to drink from you" was the only warning he gave me before his fangs punctured into my neck. 

Tilting my neck to the side I let him have more room, patting his back reassuringly I let Oscar drink from me. I was very thankful my mother offered me a drink before this. This experience was a pleasurable one as his endorphins flooded my system causing an aphrodisiac affect. 

When he was finished drinking his teeth retracted from my neck. Licking over the wound Oscar healed the punctures he had made. Reversing our position so he was sitting in my lap to some effort but when he looked up at me with his beautiful green eyes my heart melted. 

Oscar was Mine and I was his and I couldn't wait to see what the future has in store for us.