Chapter Three

The car ride was silent, you could hear a pin drop the whole way home. But things got crazy as soon as we stepped out of the car.

Alesa helped us get our suitcases out of the trunk, and Adam kind of just...took off. He kicked his legs up each time he took a step, screaming his lungs out, all the way to the front door.

"Adam, can you not?" Alesa and I questioned at the same time, and we high-fived. He turned to look at us, the key hanging in the lock, and gave us the duck face before turning back around and opening the door.

My eyes fell upon the two-story house in front of me. It was a sky blue color, with a dark oak front door. It had white shutters for each of the four windows that sprung out from the front of the house. A rock pathway led us up to the door.

Sierra trailed behind me, and we all stepped into the house. You were greeted with a small hall straight forward leading to a kitchen, a doorway to the side that led to a living room, a doorway parallel from it that led to an office, and then a stairwell that was close to the office.

"This is beautiful," I awed, glancing around. The floor was a light oak color, and the walls were a soft snow white. Suddenly, you could hear the skidding of nails. Two dogs came running towards Sierra and I.

"That's Milton," Adam pointed to a light brown pup.

"And that's Bailey," Alesa pointed to a brown and black fluffy pup.

"Now before we play with the pups, let's get you girls to your room," Adam chuckled, taking our suitcases and carrying them upstairs. Sierra and I followed, Alesa behind us.

He led us down a dim hallway, all the way to the end where there was a white door. He opened it, and I was welcomed with a teal-walled, black-carpeted bedroom. There was a white trundle bed in one corner, a desk and computer set up at the other corner, a white dresser parallel from that, and a flat screen TV hung up on the wall in front of the bed.

"You girls will have to share room for a little while. We didn't plan on adopting two girls. We'll have to get Sierra's room fixed up," Adam explained, and we nodded.

"Well, Adam and I will leave you two alone to unpack. Come down whenever you're ready," Alesa said, smiling. Adam gave us the duck lips once more before Alesa shoved him into the hall and calmly closed our door.

(Believe me, it gets way more exciting in upcoming chapters!)