Chapter Thirteen

There walked in Dawn. Adam quickly glanced up at us, a total look of shock slapped onto his pale face.

"Dawn, why are you here?" he asked in a mumbly whisper, almost like he was frightened of Alesa finding out.

"I want to visit the girls. I have a right, don't I?" she said innocently, acting as if she was our mother.

"You sound like you're their mother. But today isn't a good day, Alesa and Ashley could be back any minute," Adam stated in annoyance. Dawn huffed, crossing her arms. Then she looked up to where we were sitting, and smiled.

"Girls, come give Dawnie a hug!" Dawn exclaimed, spreading her arms. Adam just stood there, head in hand, and groaned. Sierra went down a few steps, crossed her arms, and said in the sternest voice I have ever heard,

"You're not our mother, and never will be. Alesa is. You never gave a shit about Adam until we came along, and I know so. You're not taking us, because I can already sense your evilness Dawn. Don't play games with girls like us."

I swear I heard everyone's jaw slam to the floor, including mine. Dawn was blown away. I went down and stood beside Sierra.

"She's right," I said, not a bit of sympathy in my voice. I could sense there was something up with Dawn as soon as she stepped in the house.

That's when Alesa and Ashley stepped in, and Alesa froze.

"Why is she here?" she nearly shrieked.

"Alesa," I started, "it isn't Adam's fault. She came without warning, and basically tried to win us over within five minutes."

Adam nodded, and put her arm around Alesa. Ashley jogged up the few steps and joined Sierra and I, holding us tight.

"Dawn, out. You blew your chance to meet the girls properly," Adam said, furious. Dawn shrugged, and right before stepping out, said,

"Fuck all of you."

The house was silent as we all listened to Dawn's car pull away. Then Adam stated,

"I don't know how my feelings hung around for a bitch like her."

"Can we just erase her from our lives?" Ashley asked, and we all screamed "YES" as loudly as our vocal cords could handle.

That was the day I realized how well someone could hide their backstabbing self. Because that night, Adam told us the whole story behind him and Dawn.