Chapter Thirty-One

(Holy shit, this story hit 2k. Ohmygod I love you guys!)

We were so interested in our conversations that none of us noticed Adam barrel-ass through the door, Sierra following.

"Holy shit babe, you need any help?" Alesa asked, flying up from her seat on the couch. Adam dropped the boxes, and panted,

"Yes."

Everyone got off the couch in sync and hurried outside to help Adam...before he broke his arm.

"I'mm getting more excited by the minute," I exclaimed as I paused in the doorway with boxes in my hand. Next thing I knew, I went flying towards the floor.

"Keep walking, doofus," Ashley snickered. She literally kicked me in the ass to get me out of the way.

I grumbled under my breath, hauling in the boxes and setting them against the staircase. Once all the boxes were in, Adam gathered us together.

"Alright. This is a big project, and a big step for us all. Jackie, please make sure the dogs have water. Afterwards, you and Alesa can start on the living room. I'll start the office. Ashley, help Sierra with her stuff. And Crystal, you can do your stuff."

We all nodded and split apart, Ashley, Sierra, and I carrying boxes upstairs. Adam headed into the office and Alesa was starting in the living room and Jackie getting the water.

"Adam!" I yelled down the steps once I realized something.

"Yeah?" he hollered from the office.

"Do you have any tape to put the boxes together?"

Next thing I knew, three rolls of clear tape flew out of the office door.

"Thank you!" everyone screamed. I raced downstairs and grabbed two rolls, one for me and Ashley and one for Sierra, even though Ashley was helping her right now.

I knew at first I could pack all of my winter clothes, so I grabbed the biggest box and assembled it. I proceeded to gather all of the long sleeve shirts and jeans I had, folding them carefully and putting them in the box.

I started singing a Blink-182 song, 'I Miss You' to be precise. It was one of my favorites, and singing helped me focus.

I didn't even notice Ashley had come in, because my back was turned to the door and I was singing. I only noticed when I finished the song.

"That was beautiful Crystal. The majority of Sierra's stuff is packed. Want to sing together as we pack?"

I nodded, and Ashley started off with 'Somebody That I Used To Know' as she assembled her own box.

We had gotten through that, 'Just Give Me A Reason', 'Hey There Delilah', and 'Long Live' before we had finished whatever we could pack in the mean time.

We bounced downstairs, where Jackie was now working in the kitchen and Alesa finishing up whatever she could in the living room. Adam was still in the office.

"We finished what we could. Need any help?" I asked Alesa. She shook her head.

"I'm about done the living room, and Jackie and I have the kitchen. Adam's precise with the office supplies. You girls can go play with the pups," Alesa said, waving to the back door. We nodded and took off.

"Bailey!" I called once outside. She was watching Milton and Theo battle over a chew toy, so she flipped around and darted into my lap. Ashley dashed across the yard to play tug-of-war with the dudes of the bunch. She curled up into my lap, and just laid there.

"ASHLEY, GUESS WHAT?" I barked.

"WHAT?"

"WE'RE MOVING!"

She threw up her hands and did a cartwheel, as I clapped.

We're not so far, Redmond. Get ready for Seattle folks!