Chapter Sixteen

The next morning, I was awoken with the blinding light of the sun through the window. I stretched and groaned, glancing over to where Ashley was still asleep. I listened for moment, and then I heard scuffing in the kitchen.

When I got in there, Alesa was fully dressed, preparing breakfast for everyone.

"Morning mom," I said groggily, looking over at the clock. It was eleven in the morning.

"Morning dear. Adam's upstairs filming CrazyCraft, Sierra's in the shower, and I'm getting breakfast ready," she stated, moving around the kitchen. She sure as hell knows how to read minds...considering I was going to ask exactly that. I hung around for a minute before heading upstairs to get dressed.

Standing in front of my closet, I hummed to myself while deciding an outfit.

"White lace shirt, acid washed shorts, and teal vans!" I finally decided, yanking everything out of the closet. Once I quickly dressed myself, I ran downstairs to be greeted with Ty and Adam hauling a humongous box in the door.

"The bed is here!" Adam exclaimed, grunting. The two pounded upstairs with the box. A minute later, Sierra came down in a sundress and flip flops.

"Alright, so what was that hot mess?" she asked, tossing the hairbrush to me that my hair desperately needed.

"Ash and Crystal's bunkbed," Alesa said, shooing us all into the living room. Ashley was dressed in jeans and a hoodie. I sighed. She still had the bruises from her mom. And her depression hadn't fully gone away.

I sat beside her, and I saw her crack a smile. That made my heart warm up. Just as I pulled out my phone, I heard Adam's ridiculous laughter and continuous thudding. We all got up just in time to see Ty rolling down the stairs looking like a burrito.

"And now you see why I never let you two assemble things together!" Alesa yelled up the stairs, and Adam laughed again. Facepalming, I headed back to the couch and sat down. Ashley curled up beside me, and she hid her head with her arms.

---

"The bed is finished!" Adam chanted from upstairs...four hours later. We all ran upstairs, me and Ashley first. We stood in the doorway of the room and gazed at the dark cherry wood. It was beautiful.

"I CALL TOP BUNK!" I scream, scrambling up the stairs onto the bunk. Ashley crossed her arms and huffed, but smiled.

"I'll take you girls tomorrow to pick out your own bedsets. They don't have to match," Alesa said, leaning against the doorframe. Adam stood there, hands balled into fists on his hips, with a proud grin on his face.

"Don't smile too hard, I helped you," Ty said, playfully smacking Adam on the shoulder. Adam moaned and faked cried, holding his shoulder and collapsing. Alesa just rolled her eyes and dragged Adam out of the room, everyone laughing, leaving Ash and I in the bedroom.

"So this is life," Ashley said, making it sound like a question.

"This is life," I answered, smiling down at her.