Chapter Seven

Once up in my room, I was greeted with Sierra playing with her dolls.

"You okay?" she asked, apparently noticing my flushed facial expression. All I replied with was,

"Shit's going down."

---

About a half hour later, you could hear the front door open, and a bunch of guys and a few girls whooping and hollering.

"Can you guys go upstairs? The girls are in the old guest bedroom. Adam and I need to talk," I heard Alesa say, and then pounding up the stairs.

Soon, my bedroom door opened, and a countless amount of people Adam's age walked in.

"Um, hello, Crystal and Sierra! I'm Ashley!" a girl with a British accent and poofy multi-colored hair said.

"Mitch."

"Ian."

"Quentin."

"Ty."

"Jason."

"Tyler."

"Tiffany."

"Mario."

I looked at each of them in amazement as they all introduced themselves. Once the room had become silent for a few seconds, I said,

"Well, you guys know, but I'm Crystal and she's Sierra. I'm 13 and she's 7." As I spoke, my hands made motions to exaggerate the whole thing. Everyone smiled, and I felt pretty welcome with them.

Mitch stood up, silencing us and putting his ear against the door. We all shushed, and listened. You could hear Adam and Alesa hollering at each other downstairs.

"I'm surprised they've stayed together this long," Ty whispered, his dark bangs covering his eyes.

Jason smacked him, "Don't scare the girls, man! They've only lived here a day and are already experiencing a bunch of shit!"

Then, we all shut up again. There was loud thudding coming up the stairs. A minute later, Alesa came through the door, her face red and tearstained.

"Girls, you ready to go?" she asked us, and I nodded, taking Sierra's hand and standing up.

"You want to come, Tiff and Ash? We're going shopping," Alesa asked the only two girls that came with the guys.

"Sure. Why not?" Tiff said. her and Ash standing up and joining Alesa, Sierra, and I. The guys followed us downstairs, most likely to hang out with Adam.

As us girls got to the door, I noticed Adam come from the living room, his face also red and tear stained. I couldn't resist. I ran up to him and hugged him as tight as possible.

"I love you dad," I mumbled into his chest. 'Awws' filled the room as we split apart. A wide smile spread across his face.

"I love you too."

Then, I joined the girls again, and we left the house. In the car was where Alesa spilled everything.