Chapter Twenty-Five

That night, Ashley, Sierra, and I were all up in my bedroom watching Mean Girls. Sierra had begged to see it, so we all gave in. Basically a girl's night.

As we were watching, what I kept hearing sounded like yelling, possibly even crying. I paused the movie and shushed everyone. Sure enough, Adam and Alesa were arguing.

I told Sierra to stay in the room as Ashley and I dashed to the main bedroom. Ashley kicked the door open, and there was Adam and Alesa, staring at us. And I was correct, Alesa was crying.

"Girls, I have something to tell you," Adam stated. We stood there, waiting.

"Alesa and I broke up."

Immediately I fell to my knees, bursting into tears. How could they? They were perfect together! Alesa ran to me, wrapping me in a hug, and we cried together.

"Please don't leave me Alesa," I sobbed. I didn't want her to go. My heart was broken.

"I have to baby," Alesa cried. Neither of us let go. Adam and Ashley left the room. They knew how close Alesa and I were.

"Mom, I want to be with you. I can't bear to let you go," I said, tears still flowing down my cheeks.

"I want you to come live with me," she finally replied. That only made me hug her tighter. Yeah, I loved Adam, but I just felt closer to Alesa.

We finally were able to get back on our feet. Everyone was downstairs, standing around.

"Adam," I began, "I want to go with Alesa."

Everyone became dead silent. Ashley's face turned pale, and Sierra looked horribly upset.

"But what about me, Ashley, and Sierra?" he said. I knew he was upset.

"I just can't let Alesa go. I love you guys so much, but you know I'm really close with Alesa," I admitted. Then Ashley jumped on the other side of Alesa.

"If Crystal goes, I go," she stated proudly. Sierra didn't budge.

"I'll stay with daddy," she said. And then it was settled. Adam sighed.

"I'll set up a court date, and I'll hand over custody for you two," Adam said, and then we all split up from the living room. I was so hurt and confused.

Why did Adesa have to end?