Chapter Twenty-Six

It was 1:45 in the morning, and I was still wide awake, laying in bed. How could this happen? My heart was pounding furiously, thoughts racing through my head.

Even fifteen minutes after, I was still left thinking...until Ashley's and I's phone buzzed. I heard Ashley drowsily grab her phone. She wasn't the only one awake as well. I waited to hear what would happen.

"CRYSTAL!!!! THEY'RE BACK TOGETHER!!!" Ashley shrieked, jumping out of bed and switching on the light. I sprang up, heaving the blankets off my wide-awake body and climbing down the stairs.

Ashley handed me her phone, and I read the tweet.

"Oh. My. God," I said excitedly, spacing out the words. Ashley swung open the door and we darted downstairs, where we were greeted with Adam and Alesa.

"You saw the tweet?" Adam questioned, but it came out more as a sentence. We both nodded, grinning like idiots.

"We worked it out. I can't bear to lose him," Alesa said, pecking him on the cheek.

"And I, can't bear to lose her," Adam said right back, slamming Alesa on the lips. It's still hard to believe these two lovebirds are my parents.

Sierra came waddling down the stairs, rubbing her eyes.

"What's going on?"

"Mom and dad got back together!" I squealed, sounding like one of those prep girls gossiping about the latest celebrity break-up.

Sierra jumped into my arms, hugging me. Everyone was as happy as could be. No one would have to split up and leave.

"I think I'm going to put Sierra back in bed," I said, seeing she already managed to fall asleep in my arms. I struggled up the steps, going into her room and tucking her back into bed.

When I got back downstairs, Ashley was gone and Adam and Alesa were comfy on the couch.

"Ashley went back to bed," Adam stated, and I wished them goodnight and joined Ashley. This was a miracle.