Chapter Twenty-Four

Adam decided to take Ashley and Sierra to go skateboarding again. They seemed more excited about it this time, but I bailed out. I needed any chance I could get to talk to Alesa.

Once they had left and the house was silent, I made my way upstairs to where Alesa was. She was still cleaning in her and Adam's bedroom.

"Mom, can we talk?" I asked after she had let me in. She set down what she had in her hands and turned to me,

"Sure."

I sighed, and started, "I'm still worried about you. You seemed so upset about your discovery yesterday."

She sighed, glancing down at the floor, then back up at me.

"Okay, maybe I'm not in the greatest state of mind," she admitted. I sat down beside her, and she showed me the jeans and diary. The jeans were so tiny, and then she opened the diary. Every page was filled with long entries.

"You should pack these away mom," I suggested. She barely nodded, throwing them into a box that said "Attic". I hugged her, feeling proud.

"Why didn't you go with Adam and the girls?" she asked.

"Because you're more important. I had to talk to you about this," I replied. She smiled gratefully.

"Well, want to help me clean?" she asked. I nodded.

To be honest I had more fun with Alesa than I probably would've skateboarding.

(Sorry for the crappy filler chapter! Anyone have any ideas?)