Chapter Eight

When I say Alesa spilled everything, I meant it.

"I thought to bring you guys along with us because I need to talk about the shit that's been going on. Adam and I have been having it pretty rough lately..." Alesa trailed off, the only motion she made was the sharp left turn.

"I heard he still has crazy feelings for Dawn, even though they broke up a year ago coming up in two weeks," Tiffany mentioned.

"That's part of it," Alesa sighed. Ashley wriggled in her seat beside me and stared out the window. She rested her chin on her hand, and just sighed.

"Anyways," Alesa began again, "Adam and I have gotten into plenty arguments, some where he even wished he was still with Dawn. Well, in the one we just had not long ago, he brought up taking the girls to go meet her once she got out of the hospital. That really triggered me." My body pained of guilt. I should have never agreed to go see Dawn. Of course I loved her, I was a Cat Army Recruit. But that was no excuse.

I sighed, but it turned into a hum as I started to speak, "Mom, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have agreed to see Dawn. I mean, it's only my first full day here and already there is so much shit happening. I feel a lot of guilt right now." A bunch of 'awws' came about and Alesa smiled into the rearview mirror.

"It's okay hun, I'm not mad at you or Sierra at all. It's Adam," she said, and I smiled in relief.

"Going to the mall-all!" Sierra sang, skipping and swinging her hands in front of us. I walked with beside Ashley as Alesa and Tiffany talked. Ashley still seemed out of it, she walked with her hands in her pockets and her head down.

Once we were inside the mall, Tiffany and Alesa took Sierra to Justice, that girly girl store. But me and Ashley went to Hot Topic.

"Ash," I asked, walking around the store, "are you okay?"

Immediately she looked up and flashed a smile.

"Of course I'm okay, why do you say that?" she asked, her voice shaking. I led her calmly out of the store and sat her at a nearby bench.

"Ashley, I know you're not okay. You've been so out of it today. Listen, I know we only met today, but I care a lot about you. I know what it's like to be in that depressing state," I said, holding Ashley's freezing hand in mine.

She slightly lifted up her head and smiled.

"T-thank you Crystal," she stuttered wrapping me in a warm hug.

"Anytime," I said, and we let go, heading back into Hot Topic.

---

"Where to next?" Ashley asked, laughing. We had just stepped out of Victoria's Secret, and umpteen bags took over our arms. Hot Topic, Deb, Claire's, you name it.

"Heh, I think we've been enough places. Surprised our arms haven't broke yet," I giggled.

"True! Let's go find the rest of the girls," Ashley suggested, and we headed back to Justice. Strange thing was, they weren't there.

"Probably went to other stores, like us," Ashley said, reading my mind. We waited, and still no sign of them.

"Where the hell could they have gone?" I groaned, spinning in a circle.

"Right here!" Alesa called, waving her arm around. They too had many bags with them.

"I'd say we made out pretty good!" Tiffany cheered, and we all giggled.

"C'mon, let's get on home. The guys are probably waiting," Alesa said, and we all headed back out to the car. Today turned out swell.