Chapter Twenty-One

After I had finished getting dressed, I met up with Ashley and Alesa downstairs. Adam had come out of the office, a cheesy Chesire cat grin splattered onto his pale face. I took that as he changed her number successfully.

I poked his arm, and he looked at me. I waved for him to come in the kitchen. We needed to discuss the number matter.

"So I take it you changed her number?" I asked once we made to the kitchen. He nodded, grinning proudly.

"Only problem is, how are we going to tell her we changed her number?" I asked, and Adam didn't seem to look worried at all.

"She has mentioned to me before that she has always wanted to change her number. She already has a notebook of the contacts she would need if it ever got changed," Adam explained, and I heaved the sigh of relief that was anxious to come out. We went back i to the living room, and Adam cleared his throat for an announcement.

"I would like to proudly state that I have successfully changed Ashley's number," Adam boomed, making his voice deep, and standing straight as a pencil.

Ashley squealed, quite happy she had a new number. She ran upstairs to retrieve her phone. Sure enough, the number was changed. Except all of her messages and contacts were deleted, but she didn't care.

"Thank you Adam!" she chanted excitedly, hugging him. He chuckled, and she ran back upstairs to retrieve her notebook.

As she was redoing her contacts, someone burst through the door.

Dawn.

God knows why the fuck she came randomly, but we all hurried out to the foyer to be greeted by her.

"Why the hell are you here?" Adam asked, his face red with fury.

"To see MY kids. I have visitation rights, don't I?" she claimed snootily.

Alesa got right in her face. It was funny how she was taller than Dawn.

"Listen bitch. You and Adam have been over for a year. These girls are mine. You never were granted visitation rights, nor will you ever will be. So get the fuck out now, or we will get a restraining order on you. Your pick," Alesa spat right into her face. Dawn was shellshocked, her face a snowy white.

I mentally face-palmed. Dawn should've know this from the start. Slowly she backed out of the door, nearly tripping. We listened, and soon, her car sped out of the driveway.

We never heard from her again.