Chapter Fourteen

Adam sat us all on the couch, and then sat himself on the coffee table.

"I guess it's time I tell you guys the story behind Dawn and I. Alesa already knows some," Adam said, folding his hands together.

"Dawn and I met a few years ago. At first, it was true love between us. Nothing could keep us separated. But after awhile, Dawn suddenly changed. It seemed like all she was in for was money. I honestly don't know what happened. But I still proposed to her, and we were set to get married four months later. But that night, June fourteenth, was all of hell. We got into a huge fight, which ended up with me in a rage and Dawn bawling. I ended slapping her, and regretting it. Right before she left the house, she muttered, "Whatever kids you have are mine." That's why what happened tonight happened," Adam explained. It was a long story, but damn if it didn't leave me in shock.

"And all this time I thought she was a nice person," I half whispered.

"Well, she is. She loves her fans like brothers and sisters, and would never shut up about them. And she was always the happiest person alive when she met them. She was a nice person, but something changed between me and her," Adam explained even further. I sighed, soaking in the story of Skawnables. It was shocking, but yet it was like a breath of fresh air. I understood a lot now.

"I'm gonna order pizza for us, tonight let's just chill," Alesa stated, leaving the living room. Adam sat on the couch, and he looked a little upset.

"You okay dad?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. It just brings back a lot of memories," he whispered shakily. A tear streamed down his face. I immediately hugged him, nearly crying myself.

"Alesa! Adam's crying!" Ashley called, and Alesa flew in from the kitchen.

"Oh baby, it's okay!" Alesa said. Adam stood up, and Alesa hugged him tight. You could hear his light sobs.

"Dad, you have Alesa now. And me, Sierra, Ashley, and all of your other friends. Don't let one stupid person hurt you," I soothed, hugging him as well. Ashley and Sierra joined us in the group hug.

"I love you guys," Adam finally said.

"We all love you Adam," Ashley announced. My life couldn't get any better. Or could it?