Chapter Eighteen

After probably the longest childish fight in history, we all decided to go to Wendy's. Ashley just sat still, staring out the window I would glance out on occasions.

Once we had arrived at Wendy's, I pulled Ashley back and waited until the guys went in.

"Ash, what's wrong?" I asked, extremely concerned. It was silent for a minute.

Sniffling.

No Ash.

Gasp for breath.

Don't.

Bawling.

Immediate heartbreak.

She covered her face with her hands, her body shaking as she sobbed. Ty came out, most likely wondering where we went.

"Ashley, what happened?" he asked, jogging towards us. I stood there, frozen, my feet planted to the ground like a Nazi soldier on duty. It was a heart-crushing moment, but I was stuck.

"N-nothing Ty," she whispered shakily, her body still trembling.

"Stop lying Ash, I've known you long enough," Ty said, getting closer to her. Now Adam came running out.

"Dude, what happened?" he called to Ty, and Ty shrugged. We all stood there in silence. Then Ash's anger got the best of her.

"You really want to know? I just want to be left ALONE!" she screamed, making me jump back. Even Ty and Adam looked dumbfounded. Ashley was never like this. I was surprised I didn't start crying.

Adam and Ty, defeated looks slapped on their faces, started back to go inside. I stood frozen for a second, then started to follow them. Suddenly, a hand lightly grasped my shoulder.

"Please don't go Crystal," she barely whispered. I slowly turned around to be met with Ashley's darkened, now gray-ish blue eyes, and her saddened expression. I couldn't take it. I held out my arms, and Ashley immediately hugged me. And she started crying again.

We ended up sitting on the asphalt beside the car. People looked at us weird, but I just gave them my famous death glare. About a half hour later, just as we got up to get in the car, Adam and Ty came out, talking and laughing.

The car drive was silent, and as soon as we got home, Ashley rushed into the house and upstairs. Alesa pulled into the driveway as the rest of us got out. She soon joined us, Sierra by her side.

"What's up with Ash?" she asked.

"We don't know ourselves, but I think Crystal is the only one who can get it out of her. Her and Ash created a knot not even the devil could sever," Adam said, chuckling at the end. We all went inside, except everyone detoured to the kitchen as I made my way upstairs.

I was determined to figure out what happened to Ashley. She was okay until we went downstairs before we left. What could have happened?