| steve randle imagine 1

Steve was never big on proms, he preferred a drag race or a fight, which you didn't find very romantic at all. Maybe it was just 'cause he was shy, you thought.

"C'mon Steve! This isn't fair." You crossed your arms and pouted. "I'm your girl, aren't I?"

He had a serious look plastered on his face, but when you made that comment he almost laughed. "You. You are a smart ass girl, y'know that?"

You grinned and then went back to pouting. "Please! It's the biggest night of the year and I'd appreciate it so much if you'd just take me!"

"Ya know what? Fine." He threw his arms up in triumph. "My whole darn reputation is gonna fly out the window." You knew he secretly didn't care, and you smothered your boyfriend in kisses and celebrated your personal victory.

Prom night eventually rolled around, and with lots of preparation you were sure you looked like the best girl in town. You had a beautiful maroon gown that you picked out for yourself and it matched with Steve's tie. He looked gorgeous, you thought. You could tell he was a greaser at heart, because besides his tux, he still had his hair slicked and combed back with grease.

At 7 sharp was when he picked you up, he was driving a 1964 Chevy Malibu which made you wonder where the hell he even got a car from. It didn't seem to matter though, things were running smoothly.

"Jesus, Y/N.." He muttered as you entered the passenger seat.

"What?" You shrugged him off, but you knew exactly how good you looked.

"You're killin' me!" He leant over to kiss you but you quickly stopped him. "No way, you're gonna ruin my lipstick, Randle. Just hold your horses until we get there!"

Once you arrived and were waiting for your tickets, you could tell Steve was lowkey excited. You could always tell when he was excited – he'd have a small smile spread across his face and he'd tap his foot almost impatiently, like he was going to jump out of his skin any moment.

"You look so good," He mumbled in your ear quietly as you entered the school gym, which was decorated with streamers and other frilly things. None of the gang was there, only Two-Bit, who was secretly drunk and flirting with random soc girls.

You and Steve had a pretty good night, you both hogged the photobooth that the school had hired, making endless funny faces and kissing eachother in front of the camera. You both fed eachother cake, which eventually got messy and almost ruined your makeup; and with a lot of convincing, you even persuaded Steve to dance along with you to the fast songs.

Things are going great, you thought. That was until you heard four loud boys enter the gymnasium with wolf whistles. You both glanced over and saw Sodapop, Pony, Johnny and Dally: all with a girl huddled close to them except for Dally.

"Oh great." Steve sucked his teeth and looked almost embarrassed, he begun to shy away. "What are they doin' here?!"

"Well, well, well." Dal held in his laughter as he stared Steve up and down. "Look at the tux wearing monkey!"

The gang cracked into a fit of chuckles, they were all wearing casual clothes except for their dates. Soda ruffled Steve's hair playfully and in return Steve rolled his eyes.

"What are you doin' here?" He gave them a dumb look and the gang laughed.

"Duh. We're here for kicks, man." Dally replied.

"No way, we had dates too." Soda said cheekily. A few seconds later, your favourite slow song came on.

"Oh gosh!" You squealed, grabbing Steve's arm. "Dance with me!" You dragged him out to the dancefloor and watched as the gang parted ways to hang out individually with their dates.

You wrapped your arms around Steve's neck, which in return he rested his hands on your hips and you laid your head on his chest.

"Gee, I'm real sorry." He muttered over the song and you lifted your head, looking into his eyes. "Why are you sorry?"

"'Cause I know how much this night meant to ya.. and I didn't want the guys wreckin' it." He bit his lip and you chuckled softly.

"They haven't ruined anything, Steve. This has been the best night of my life." You said as you two swayed back and forth slowly.

"Thank you, Randle." You grinned playfully and placed a single kiss onto his lips.

"You're welcome, doll." He smiled back and you felt his hand slowly slide down to your backside. Heck, who cares. You for sure didn't!

~

this imagine was for haleighrandle ❣️ I hope it was what you wanted and I'm sorry if it sucks! Enjoy x