━━━━ CHAPTER TEN

˖*°࿐chapter ten

  ˖*°chapter ten.
x. A KHALEESI

LAELIA DROPS A CUBE OF RAW MEAT IN FRONT OF AENERYS, Vita staring expectantly at the scaled little beast. Laelia sat next to her in a pale grey dress one of the handmaidens gave her, a pendant that she always wore clipped onto the front. "Dracarys," she says, pursing her lips as the dragon clinked his teeth together. Aenerys looks at the meat and cocks his head, a squeak coming out of his mouth, making the two women in front of his smile. "Dracarys," she repeats. He looks to the meat again, and this time, he tries to shoot a small flame; and he does.

It's small but large enough to roast the meat, Laelia laughing while Vita claps. He picks at the meat while making noises that sound a little like the sounds of a kramoda dragon. "He'll be able to feed himself from now on."

Laelia stands and walks over to her bed, Vita grabbing another cube of meat before Laelia stops her. "Let him sleep, Vita." Vita is sheepish as she nods, "yes, Khaleesi." She places a hand upwards in front of the dragon, Aenerys climbing on with ease. "He loves you," Laelia notes. This makes Paris jealous, making her scrub the shoe in her hands faster and harder to leave it with a shine, but it was not because she wanted it to be the shiniest in all of the Seven Kingdoms; it was because she wanted to be in Vita's shoes, to be loved by the dragon and Laelia as a sister. But she gets treated with the same amount of affection as the rest while Vita gets special treatments. It's possibly because Vita taught Laelia how to make love. She sets the shoe down as Vita places Aenerys back in his cage. "Anha soqe akka jin sacchey essheyi," she shows Laelia the fixed old cage. (I rewove this part of the top.) "Qisi tim, anha arrisse vemishikh jinoon akka." (And I fixed the heel on this one.)

"Thank you, my friend," Laelia says with earnest love and affection.

Vita looks up with envy; that was supposed to be her with the praise. She erases the envy and walks over to the bed, too. "Did you see the dress Xaro had made for you?" She picks up the blue and gold fabric in her hands, beads jingling against each other. "They say he's the wealthiest man in Priset," she holds it up for her Khaleesi to see.

"It is known," Paris says.

"And if Priset is the wealthiest city in Etrar ―"

"The last time a rich man gave me a dress he was selling me to Loki Laufeyson," Laelia interrupts, feeling the silk fabric in her fingers.

"Me anna dothrakh vi mae vaes ven a khal," Paris echoes to the two. (May he ride through his city as a king.)

Laelia smiles warmly at the Enochian handmaiden, turning to look at Vita once again. "Xaro is our host but we know nothing about him."