―――― CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

˖*°࿐ chapter twenty-five

xxv. BOTHER V BROTHER

THOR FLEW ABOVE THE RAINBOW BRIDGE, wielding mighty Mjölnir, letting it fly him over the colorful platform. The stars were out, as usual, and an orange hue was placed at the foot of the planet: universes. He landed at the entrance of the BiFrost, the lightning strikes that powered it was frozen in place. Hundreds of volts of electricity powered through them but it never melted the ice; the ice was so cold. "You can't stop it," Loki seethes. "The BiFrost will build until it rips Jotunheim apart."

Thor runs to the edge of the ice, raising his hammer over his head, but Loki shoots him down. "Why have you done this?"

"To prove to Father that I am the worthy son! When he wakes, I would've saved his life. I would've destroyed that race of monsters, and I will be the true heir to the throne!"

"You can't kill an entire race."

"Why not?" Loki chuckles. "And what is this new-found love for the Frost Giants?" He begins walking down the steps to his brother. "You could've killed them all with your plans."

"I've changed," Loki now stood in front of the blond male.

"So have I," Loki strikes Thor on his cheek, slicing it open with his scepter. "Now fight me." He strikes his brother down to the ground multiple feet away from him, "I never wanted the throne! I only ever wanted to be your equal."

"I will not fight you, brother!"

"I'm not your brother. I never was."

"Loki, this is madness," Thor grits his teeth, staring at the trickster with furious eyes. Loki's were calm and patient, and it reminded Loki of what Laelia had told him. "Beware the patient woman 'cause this much I know. No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne." Loki replies, "Is it madness? Is it?" Tears welled up in his baby blues. "Is it? I want to know what happened to you on Earth that turned you so soft! Don't tell me it was that woman. Oh, it was. Or maybe, when we're finished here, I'll pay her a visit myself!"

Thor jumps at his brother, their weapons clashing together, and he lands on Loki. Loki punches him off, going to slice Thor's leg, but Thor kicks him to the floor and gains the upper hand. Loki blocks Thor's hammer, lightning sparks going through the hilt of it. He uses his leg to kick Thor back, standing up quickly. He needed to stay up or he might get hurt. Thor blocks each of his brother's attacks, but Loki forces him down and jumps down on to stab him in the back (rude, I know.) but Thor rolls out of the way and Loki's spear is wedged into the deck. He uses this as a way to twists on it and kicks Thor's chest. They block each of the other's attacks, Loki being thrown to the ground, Thor jumping into the air. Loki uses his magic but it misses Thor by a hairline fracture, and he gets body slammed by Thor through the BiFrost walls and onto the bridge. Loki hangs on to the edge of the bridge, calling out his brother's name. "Brother, please," he says in a small voice. The image of Loki fades, and Loki's laugh is heard behind him, his spear raised to his hip (have you all seen them? God!) He stabs Thor and many more of his image appear, all laughing.

Thor strikes lightning out his hammer, the real Loki singled out as the rest fade. Thor stands over his younger brother, placing Mjölnir on his chest, impairing him from leaving. Thor shakily walks towards the BiFrost. "Look at you," Loki badgered. "The Mighty Thor, and with all your strength, what good does it do you now? Do you hear me, brother? There's nothing you can do."

Thor raises his hand and beckons his hammer over, Loki sighing from the lack of weight on his breast. He strikes down the hammer on the bridge, Odin's eye opening at the impact. He continues to beat the hammer into the glass, Loki sitting up while staring at his brother, watching on as the bridge is being broken. "What are you doing? If you destroy the bridge, you'll never see her again! I'll never see my wife again!"

Thor doesn't hear him; he just continues pounding down the hammer. Loki runs over to Thor, spear ready.

"Forgive me, Jane," Thor apologizes. "Forgive me, Laelia."

The bridge explodes, sending a shockwave that is felt throughout Asgard, and the BiFrost is sent out of the edge of the world. The two brothers hold on to Loki's scepter as they fall down, but when they reach the height of the bridge, a hand grabs onto Thor's ankle. Odin, awake from his sleep, was holding onto his son. "I could've done it, Father!" Loki yells up to Odin. "I could've done it. For you! For all of us!"

"No, Loki."

With tears streaming down his eyes, Loki thinks about his wife, the still-born child they had together, and her three dragons. He wished that she had gotten pregnant from his stay in her world; he could give her another child, and that child can be another reincarnation of him. He lets go of his spear, Thor screaming for his brother as he falls into the deep abyss of space, falling into the black hole the BiFrost created.

'She was a king's daughter,

she was a king's sister,

she was a king's wife.

She was a queen,

and by the same title a king also.

This is the story of how ice met fire,

and instead of killing each other,

they loved.

This is the Song of Ice and Fire.'

SEE WHAT I DID THERE AT THE END? THIS IS THE END OF ACT iii, SO STAY TUNED FOR THE ACT iv!