━━━━ CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

˖*°࿐ chapter forty-eight

xlviii. SECOND-RATE SORCERER

"FATHER," THOR ANNOUNCES HIS ARRIVAL after seeing the horribly acted play in which told the tale of Loki's death and Thor's crying for his brother, kneeling in front of his father. "Odin" chokes on his wine that he drank from his goblet, whispering under his breath, "Oh shit." He puts the goblet down on the table in front of him, "My son! Thor has returned! Greetings my boy." His fluidity is replaced by a regal and stiff posture, batting away the maiden that sat on his lap, turning to the standing God of Thunder. 

"It's an interesting play," he gestures to the stage. "What's it called?" 

"The Tragedy of Loki of Asgard. The people wanted to commemorate him."

"Indeed they should," he provokes, now pointing to the statue of Loki. "I like that statue. A lot better looking than he was when he was alive, though. A little less weasely. Less greasy maybe." Odin sours, trying to hide his agitation, Thor holding up the skull of Surtur for all to see. "You know what this is?" 

"The skull of Surtur? That's a formidable weapon." Thor hands over the skull to a guard, "Do me a favor. Lock this in a vault so it doesn't turn into a giant monster and destroy the whole planet." The guard nods and leaves, carrying the large skull of Surtur in his arms, trying to prevent it from hitting anyone in the head. "So it's back to Midgard for you, is it?" Thor starts throwing Mjolnir into the air and catches it when it comes back down, he turns to Odin, "Nope. I've been having this reoccurring dream lately. Every night I see Asgard fall into ruins. . ."

"That's just a silly dream. . . Signs of an overactive imagination."

"Possibly. . . but then I decided to go out there and investigate. And what do I find, but the Nine Realms completely in chaos. Enemies of Asgard assembling, plotting our demise, all while you, Odin, the protector of those Nine Realms, are sitting here in your bathrobe, eating grapes," Thor stops throwing his hammer.

"Well, it is best to respect our neighbors' freedom," Odin wrings his hands, knowing that Thor was up to something, a slight spike of fear in his fingertips.

"Of course, the freedom to be massacred."

"Yes, besides, I have been rather busy myself."

"Watching theater."

"Board meetings, and security council meetings. . ." Odin trails off.

"You're really going to make me do it?"

"Do what?"  Thor spins Mjolnir and then hurls it off into the distance, he grabs Odin by the back of the neck, Odin's royal attendants gasping in shock. The Einherjar bodyguards rush towards Thor, but he kicks them away. "You know that nothing will stop Mjolnir as it returns to my hand."  Mjolnir stops in midair and begins to rocket back. Odin is fearful for his life, trying to make up different excuses. "Not even your face."