━━━━ CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

˖*°࿐ chapter thirty-four

XXXIV. AENERYS

INSIDE THE GREAT PYRAMID, Laelia is surrounded by Korben, Grey Worm, Darys, and Melora, all waiting for her to speak since Mossador's death. "I'll stand guard outside your door, Your Grace," Korben says to her, hoping that it will reassure her, even a tiny amount. "We all guard tonight," Grey Worm adds, his thick accent different from his regular voice whenever he speaks Krefson. She bows her head low, "Leave me." Her hand is folded above her ribs, her right arm laid resting on the table she stood in front of.

Korben and Grey Worm are the first to begin leaving, the others following reluctantly. They all feel remorse for the queen, all wanting to reassure her but not knowing how. That was a thing about Greystones; they were unpredictable, all of them, and Allister was the only one who knew how to make her calm down, how to reason with her and now he was gone and nobody understood the queen's feelings. 

She takes a few deep breaths to calm herself down but then hears scratching outside her window. She quickly turns around, her silver hair flying as she did so, and she piles some of her skirts into her hand and begins walking towards the noise; it was now quiet, but she wanted to investigate. 

She opens the door leading out to the balcony, eyes searching for any Harpy's Sons, but finds none. The warm summer air fans her, blowing through the pyramid and the city it towers over. A weird sonance, like the one of a guttural low growl, is heard. She stops short, continuing to hear it, and, once she realizes it was behind her, she turns around rapidly. Standing up on the top of the pyramid stands Aenerys, strong and proud, standing at a much taller height. His wings were larger, his legs had grown muscular, and horns had grown in all throughout his head, leaving his snout and face untouched. He flapped his wings and Laelia saw his chest had gotten rounder; more powerful. 

"Aenerys," she whispers in relief; after all this time, he had grown, and he was home where his mother and brothers were. He begins to grasp onto the edge of the tip, watching Laelia as she stretched her arm out slowly, his slit pupils watching her every move cautiously. 

He sniffed at his mother's hand one last time and flies away, feeling his mother's heart break as she watched him speed apart from her.

 He had her heart as she had his.