━━━━ CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

˖*°࿐ chapter forty-five

xlv. WINDS OF WINTER

THOR TURNS ON THE DARK ELF SHIP, chuckling to himself as soon as the blue holographic images turn on. He grabs onto the two control panels on either side of him, starting up the engines, blowing back the Asgardian guards with its blast. The thing had no windows, only holographic images of the spires around them, giving the God of Thunder a bit of a troubled time. Volstagg laughs when he sees the red eye. Thor turns it around, breaking a few pillars, and when he begins driving it forward, Loki has the audacity to say, "I think you missed a column."

"Shut up!" Thor growls. 

They burst through the palace walls, large chunks of rock falling down the side, and they fly through different masts. "Look, why don't you let me take over? I'm clearly the best pilot," Loki asks his brother, Thor smiling at him.

"Isn't that right? Well, out of the two of us, which one can actually fly?"

Guns fire at them, trying to stop the ship, Loki and Thor gripping to anything in their reach. Jane slumps to the ground, passed out, and with a sarcastic voice, Loki asks, "Oh, dear, is she dead?" "Jane!" Thor calls out to her, taking his eyes off the hologram. She raises a hand, waving them off, "I'm okay." 

They break through a small building, "Not a word." 

Three vessels follow theirs, "Now they're following us." They're being fired at, explosions hitting the side of the ship, "Now they're following us!" 

"Yes, thank you for the commentary, Loki! It's not at all distracting!" 

They break a large stone statue, Loki replying, "Well done, you just decapitated your grandfather." The smaller ships continue to follow and fire at them as they fly over Asgard. "You know, this is wonderful. This is a tremendous idea. Let's steal the biggest most obvious ship in the universe and escape, flying around the city, smashing into everything in sight so everyone can see us. It's brilliant, Thor! It's truly brilliant!" Thor pushes Loki out of the open door, Loki yelling as he dropped for however many feet, Thor picking up Jane and jumping out as well, landing on a small ship flown by Fandral, who was laughing. "I see your time in the dungeons has made you no less graceful, Loki."

Loki stands up, watching the Dark Elf ship get blown into bits. "You lied to me," he says. "I'm impressed." Thor sets Jane down on a soft bed made of bunched up cloth. 

"I'm glad you're pleased. Now, do as you promised. Take us to your secret pathway." Loki takes over the ship's main gear stick, leading them towards the small opening in a cliff. He made the ship go as fast as it could, speeding along the water. Another ship begins firing at them, Thor looking at it with a glare. Loki turned the gear to avoid the attacks, water splashing around them, "Fandral." 

"Right," Fandral grabs a rope attached to the side. "For Asgard!" He jumps off, the rope pulling taut, "Nothing personal, boys!" He punches a guard on his jaw, the man landing in a heap. He kicked another, and the last one drew his sword, Fandral punching him repeatedly as he held on to the threat. He gives a tiny salute to Thor, driving away. Nearing the cliffs, Thor becomes aware of what his lunatic of a brother was doing. "Loki," he says.