━━━━ CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

˖*°࿐ chapter twenty-two

xxii. ANOTHER

THOR MET JANE, ERIK, AND DARCY A FEW DAYS BEFORE, right when he landed on Earth and Jane drove into him. Darcy electrocuted him because she thought he was going to rob them and Erik just sat idly by. They were currently in a diner in a place called 'Arizona', where Jane and the other two scientists were stationed for the time being. They moved from place to place, and when they finished with the research, they relocated to a different city or town and researched there. "How'd you get inside that cloud?" Jane asks the god.

"Also how can you eat an entire box of Pop-tarts and still be this hungry?" Darcy seconds. 

Thor was eating the pancakes in front of him like a barbarian, not taking short intervals to breathe or chew; he just kept shoving his mouth full. He took a sip of the coffee he had; Jane continued observing him in a fascinated daze. 

"This drink, I like it."

"I know, it's great, right?" Darcy replies.

"Another!" He throws the mug to the ground, the mug fragmenting into a million little pieces and the last bit of coffee created little patterns on the linoleum flooring, alarming the patrons in the diner. The waitress that served them peering at them over her spectacles. "Sorry, it's a little accident," Jane went around the table and picked up the shattered remains. "What was that?" She berates Thor. 

"It was delicious!" He responds. "I wanted another."

"Well you could've just said so," she reprimands. 

"I just did."

"No, I mean ask nicely."

"I meant no disrespect."

"Alright, well no more smashing. Deal?"

"You have my word," he nods. Erik stares at Jane with an angry glare, as a man yells out, "The usual Izzy. You missed all the excitement out at the crater. Seeing some kind of satellite landed on the desert."

"Yeah, we were having a good time with it till the feds showed up."

"Excuse me," Jane calls out to the men talking. They turn around to face her. "Did you say it was a satellite crash?" 

"Yeah."

"Oh my God," Darcy pulls out her phone, "this is going to FaceBook. Smile!" She faces the camera towards Thor, who stops chewing and lets the female take a picture with the small contraption she held. "What did it look like, this satellite?" Erik asks the men.