━━━━ CHAPTER THIRTY

˖*°࿐ chapter thirty

˖*°࿐ chapter thirty.XXX. NEW CHAPTER

LAELIA SAT IN HER CAMBERS, crying as she held the letter tightly to her chest. It was written in neat script, the loops of the letters were all similar and only one name was signed at the bottom: Thor. He talked about how Loki tried to ruin Jotunheim, how the BiFrost and the Rainbow Bridge was destroyed (they were fixed now), and how Loki had let go of the scepter Thor held and fell into a black hole. 'He's dead, Your Grace, and you need to move on. Live your life, have children, get your rightful throne back. But promise me that Loki's death will never get in your way of your main goal. I shall visit you to cheer you up as much as I can, but I still have no idea about where you currently are residing (I heard you moved around a lot), so please send me a letter back and speak of your position.' 

She clutched the letter tightly to her chest, tears smearing the fine print, and walks over to her desk. She rummaged through their drawers to find a parchment and a quill and begins to write to her brother-in-law:

'Thor:

The news you brought were certainly hard to process, but I will get over it. After all, I need to flip to a new chapter in my story and write down a new page. I would also love to have your presence and I'm currently in Quiri, a city in Slaver's Bay. It'll be easy to spot: just watch out for the large winged woman with a black and red flag on top of a pyramid in the center of the town. I'll explain what the rotting smell is when you arrive. Thank you, brother.

Laelia Stormborn of House Greystone.'

She sent off the raven and watched it as it disappeared from sight, a large mass of clouds swirling overhead, and the bright colorful flash of light shot down and grasped the black bird in its grasp and sent it back to its original post. Tears stained the paper the raven held; she hadn't stopped crying.

***

LAELIA WALKED INTO A ROOM inside the Great Pyramid, fires burning all around her as she locked eyes with Darys. She looks around, perplexed. "How did you get in here?" He shrugs, holding a bouquet of flowers in his hand, the heads pointing to the floor. "Your door is well guarded," he uses the flowers to point towards the wood thing, "but your window's not." Laelia walks up to him, the ruffle of the flowers making her head look up. "I swam to an island a mile off-shore for this," he hands goes to hand her the bouquet but she snaps his wrist back to his chest. 

"Don't do that again," she walks to her table, grabbing something off it.

"Never met a woman who doesn't like wildflowers," Darys notes.