━━━━ CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

˖*°࿐ chapter thirty-five.
XXXV. SONS OF THE HARPY

"WITHOUT THEM, FORMER SLAVES AND FORMER MASTERS have nothing in common," Mekhor tells Laelia, waving his hands as he speaks, looking around the room. "Nothing but centuries of mistrust, and resentment. I can't promise this is the answer to all of our problems, but it's a start."

Outside, whores are selling off their bodies to men, not even caring that many other people were around them as they blatantly flirted with them, not even noticing the dark snake gliding its way through people's clothing and slithering along the stones. It was an emerald green viper with bronze markings on its back, two beady black eyes watching all of them with disgust. As soon as it came, it vanished, leaving one man to question how that happened. How did it get there? How did it leave? All these questions ran through his mind but no answer was given. He will go tell the queen that the Suares were here. He remembered each detail about the snake, made sure it was correct and began to nod off in an agitated sleep. But before he could even close his eyes calmly, the peace was broken and a man that was going to get pleasured by a whore was murdered, a Harpy's Son slitting his throat and many more came out of hiding. The man that had seen the snake began running away, wanting to make sure the queen had gotten his information he held. 

He passed a man that was stabbed by another Harpy's Son, then as he went into an alley, he ran through Unsullied soldiers marching yelling, "Trēsi hen Jazdanī! isse se court! pōnta're murdering tolvie vala konīr se issi māzis bisa ñuhoso!" (Sons of the Harpy! In the court! They're murdering every man there and are coming this way!)

They nod to him and start jogging to the court, following the sounds of the female screams and when they reach the court, one woman ― the whore  ― is crying as she points and begins to speak, "Trēsi hen Jazdanī." (Sons of the Harpy.)

One turns and begins running to where she points, the others promptly pursuing in order, and when they leave, she wipes away her tears and turns back into Loki. 'This would be fun,' he thinks before he turns back into the woman and leaving to Earth. The Unsullied are in a stone dungeon-like structure, looking around to see where the Harpy's Sons are, but there is no one there. Until they come running out of the hallways, wearing their gold masks, and outnumbering the soldiers. They begin fighting after a tense moment, an Unsullied getting killed within the first minute and the others continue to fight without a problem.  Another dies shortly after stabbing a Harpy's Son. One uses his shield to kill a Harpy's Son, using his spear to murder two others and gets pinned to the stone wall by another. It was Grey Worm; they saw his face as soon as the Harpy's Son pinning him grabs onto his helmet and pulls it off. His last sight was the furious face of the commander. Unsullied soldiers are getting killed left and right, too many Harpy's Sons encompassing them. 

The city's bell is rung: danger.

Korben watched as women ran past him in terror, all praying they wouldn't die and striving to find refuge. Korben instead unsheaths his sword; it felt weird his hand after all this time of not using it  ― it has been almost two years since he held it; since he decided to side with Laelia  ― and he had not used it once, thus he might be a little out of practice but enough to let him live. He walks to where the citizens are running away from, glancing in each direction in alertness.

Grey Worm continues to fight the Sons of the Harpy. When he gets trapped against the chest of a man that tries to choke him with his own spear  ― he held the weapon away from his throat  ― a Harpy's Son takes this time to wound him, breaking his torso's skin, but not enough to eliminate him. He escapes the grasp of the man behind him and impales his spear inside the one who injured him, twisting upwards. He throws another onto the end of it and removes the dagger from his own body. 

He faces off with two others, killing them both with precision and experience. Blood decorates the walls of the place, mixing the Sons of the Harpy's and the Unsullied blood together, hands prints along the rocks. Korben kills a Son from behind, pointing his sword at the remaining traitors. 

He walks dangerously over to the rebels and resumes fighting, killing multiple with Grey Worm, before finally, his old age and unpracticed hands caught up with him and a Son drives his sword  in his chest, the old man whispering under his breath, "For the true Queen, Laelia of House Greystone." His death is near, he can feel its cold fingers worming their way up his back, the warm blood that trickled down his chest a different contrast from the coldness of his skin. Grey Worm collapses beside the elderly person, breathing heavily as he shakes him. The QueensGuard cannot die, but alas, he died as soon as his knees touched the ground. 

He lays down next to him, thinking that he was going to die soon enough, that death would come and drag him to the place he has put his brothers in, but it never comes. 

***

"YOUR GRACE, I SAW A VIPER IN THE COURTYARD before the Sons of the Harpy came in," the man spoke the Common Tongue well, "and as soon as it came, it vanished." Laelia raised an eyebrow, confused at what this man is getting through. 

"And what does that have to do with anything about soldiers and men getting murdered in cold blood out there, Ser Frederick? Vipers are common animals around these parts, are they not?" 

"No, Your Grace, but didn't the former slaves from yesterday begin to hiss like snakes? And why was the snake so peculiar looking?" He furrows his brows. "And the whore, she turned into a man. A man with long black hair that reached his shoulders, perhaps a little longer, had blue eyes and a green, bronze and black outfit. The attire looked outlandish as well. Something not of this world." 

"How did the snake look like?" She changes the subject, thoughts of her late-husband rising in her head. Was it really him?

"It looked like the man. Green and bronze scales, black eyes. Why? I thought you weren't interested in the snake."

"I wasn't until now. But thank you, for telling me this Ser Frederick. I truly appreciate it. Now, where did the woman go?" 

"Vanished into thin air as the snake did. As soon as the snake went, chaos was unleashed."

Laelia whispered one thing under her breath, "Loki."