Chapter 13

"Only two finger's left Clyde", Lucas reminded him with sick enjoyment as Scott picked up the cards off of the table, he could barely see the cards he was holding his eyes were so watery from crying.

"So, what's it going to be, Scotty?", Lucas asked him, as it was Scott's turn to start the last round. Scott tried to see the cards he was holding, but he had to use his arm to try and wipe his eyes, but it was near impossible for him to do with the bag on his head, which just scratched his eyelids because of the material it was made of. He tried to squint at them and hold them close to the eye holes of the bag.

"Uh... hit me?" Scott said with a sniffle, still not knowing what the cards in his hand were. Lucas handed him a card and seemed to be completely unaware how distraught Scott was,  he probably didn't care as he just cut off three of Clyde's fingers without a care in the world. Scott rubbed his eyes one more time and managed to make out that he was holding a 4 and a 6, which was 10. Scott carefully lowered his hand onto the card that was still resting on the table, picking it up he recognised the image of the spade on the card. The ace! he had the ace.

Adding the ace to his 10 he could either have 11... or 21, he'd win this round. But Clyde would lose his last finger and thumb. "Scott?" Lucas impatiently asked, waiting for what Scott was going to say. "I'm staying," Scott said slowly as he looked over the top of his cards to see Clyde, he was scared, no he was petrified for the end of this round, he was crying silently on the other side of the table.

"Cylde?", Lucas asked.

Clyde looked up at Scott then at his cards, before nodding slowly and saying, "staying".

"Ready?" Lucas asked with sick excitement, "3... 2... 1!".

Clyde threw his cards onto the table while Scott still held his in his free hand, at quick glance Scott saw that he had 17 in total. Scott could help but swallow the spit in his mouth and with a shaky voice, he said "I'm sorry", as he dropped his cards onto the table. Once the cards had hit the table, Clyde couldn't move fast enough to try and free his hand. Scott couldn't watch Clyde lose his last finger and thumb, he looked down at the table and screwed his eyes shut as he heard Lucas laugh and Clyde start to beg and cry.

The sinister crunch sounded, where the guillotine had cut through the bone of the last fingers on Clyde's hand. Scott couldn't help but cry as he heard Clyde's cries of pain, it took ages for Clyde to stop screaming and even longer for him to stop crying over the loss of his fingers.

"You'll..." Scott started to say as he turned to look at Lucas, but as he spoke his voice gave making it come out crocky, Scott coughed to try and clear his throat before trying again, "you'll let us go now, right?". Lucas let out a little chuckle as if he knew something that they didn't.

"Please, Lucas" Scott begged as he looked at his older brother, "you promised you'd let us go".

Scott swore he saw something change in Lucas's face when he said he'd promised he'd let them go, Scott knew he didn't but he could help the word slip out of his mouth, the look Lucas had looked more human than he had been through the hole of this sick game of his, it was like he looked sad or guilty for what he'd done. But after he blinked his eyes and shook his head it was quickly gone and his sick and twisted grin was back, it was almost like Scott had imagined seeing it entirely.

"Nah-uh, I said I'd let one of you go," Lucas said as he stood up from his chair to lean on the table in front of Scott and get right into his face, "but as you don't seem to understand 'whoever gets to walk out alive', we're going to play another round". Scott just looked at him in shock, "you said!", Scott shouted at him while Lucas leaned back with his evil smile, "I said one, you said both" he replied.